• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

A new vitamin that I like

Anne23

Hi all!

I am one week post-op tomorrow. I dislike chalky chewable vitamins but wanted to avoid swallowing pills. Celebrate just came out with a soft chew multi. I was already using their soft chew for calcium and iron. They are pretty tasty. So I when I saw the multi in a soft chew I got unreasonably excited lol. They are good, not delicious, but for a daily vitamin on a freshly post-op tummy, I give it a thumbs up. They have cherry and strawberry - I have the cherry. Anyways, I know they are a bit pricey but wanted to share my review for anyone really struggling with a multi. Also to be clear these are soft chews NOT gummies. They are sort of like a starburst candy (in size/shape/texture).

I guess my surgeon is different than most because I was instructed not to have vitamins until 1month post op. It’s good you found something you like though. Sometimes it can be hard to find ones that are compatible to all our new needs and work for us.

I guess my surgeon is different than most because I was instructed not to have vitamins until 1month post op. It’s good you found something you like though. Sometimes it can be hard to find ones that are compatible to all our new needs and work for us.
Yes - it seems each office is different! I was told that the order of importance was water, protein, vitamins. That if I couldn’t do vitamins for the first month that was ok. I chew them realllllly well and so far all is good but you make a good point - obvi do what your plan says ☺️

If you take capsules, you won't get the full complement. You dont have enough digestive juice or time to break the cellulose down and let the stuff inside get into your bloodstream. I was specifically told NO CAPS, icluding gel caps, until my new digestive system was running the show.

I take a probiotic that comes in capsule form. When i take them, i tuck them between cheek and tongue until they melt enough to release a bitter taste, then swallow with a full glass of water.

My surgeon specified liquids and chewables for months, until i could sense activity in my pouch.

Even then, as i understand it, absorption takes place in the duodenem and upper segment of the small intestines.

Back