• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

A question for all.....

Keith Wells

Bariatric Guru
Question is --- If your doctor was ill, and had the choice to reschedule or have the surgery that day, what would you do?

As some people know My surgery was rescheduled for this reason. Curious on what you all would have done.
I know that rescheduling for 4 weeks later was hard on the motivation. But all is good now finally back in the routine of weight loss and my goal.... Thanks for your answers.

Question is --- If your doctor was ill, and had the choice to reschedule or have the surgery that day, what would you do?

As some people know My surgery was rescheduled for this reason. Curious on what you all would have done.
I know that rescheduling for 4 weeks later was hard on the motivation. But all is good now finally back in the routine of weight loss and my goal.... Thanks for your answers.
Since this is such a dangerous surgery, I would want my doctor at 100%, so I would have postponed. Of course, this is coming from the person who had hers rescheduled 8 weeks. It did take me about a week to get back on track.

Hello,
Who would have done your surgery in place of your doctor? I don't think I had a choice, but if it was a surgeon who does the procedure from the same group as my doctor, I probably would have went with them doing it and not waiting. I hate to wait though, and was so eager to get it done when I did. The timing work wise and life wise was perfect for me.
I've only seen my surgeon a handful of times, the first visit, the last visit right before surgery, the endoscopy, the surgery and the post surgery first check. Every other time I see the Practicioner who works there.

I'm sorry that happened to you. Must have been very hard. Congrats on having a good attitude about it!

I would reschedule my surgery. I wouldn't have wanted my doctor to perform it if he was ill. Although, I might have had it done if one of his associates were able to do it. However, I really like my doctor, so I would have rescheduled and waited for him.

I would definitely wait. I want my Dr at her best. Mine had a baby in November and I was concerned about post partum on her part. I definitely want "her all" there for me. She was great!

Back