• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Actually worried

Badgy

I'm actually worried my surgery will be postponed because of this Covid-19 virus. I'm hoping like all influenzae this fades out in the spring. Postponing wouldn't be the end of the world, but I'm starting to feel like I'm ready to give into old habits when faced with this global pandemic. Like I could easily go buy a pack of cigarettes and a cheesecake and just watch the world burn. Lol.

Seriously though, being thin does fall into a lesser category of importance when faced with fears of dying. Not that I'm afraid, but those little demons that don't want me to succeed at this, are seeing some opportunity here. I hear them marching closer and closer. Hopefully my all liquid diet leading up to my scopes will reset me.

I'm actually worried my surgery will be postponed because of this Covid-19 virus. I'm hoping like all influenzae this fades out in the spring. Postponing wouldn't be the end of the world, but I'm starting to feel like I'm ready to give into old habits when faced with this global pandemic. Like I could easily go buy a pack of cigarettes and a cheesecake and just watch the world burn. Lol.

Seriously though, being thin does fall into a lesser category of importance when faced with fears of dying. Not that I'm afraid, but those little demons that don't want me to succeed at this, are seeing some opportunity here. I hear them marching closer and closer. Hopefully my all liquid diet leading up to my scopes will reset me.
Stay focused my friend!! Don't give up you can do this. Being fearful is normal but talk to your therapist!!

They cancelled my group bariatric meeting this morning. When I said I was worried that surgery would be postponed they said they are trying to keep things moving forward and will call to do the class by phone. I was really looking forward to meeting folks. :-(

Then I had to reschedule my colonoscopy because I couldn't drink the prep. I barely got it down last night but this morning my stomach wasn't having any of it.

I feel like all my dreams were flushed. I had to force myself to journal my food today. Plus, I don't feel good. I think that CPAP is creating too much pressure on my inner ears. I am very dizzy and my whole head feels horrible and I'm worried sick about Marty starting his job tomorrow and exposure to all those germy people. Ugh.

They cancelled my group bariatric meeting this morning. When I said I was worried that surgery would be postponed they said they are trying to keep things moving forward and will call to do the class by phone. I was really looking forward to meeting folks. :-(

Then I had to reschedule my colonoscopy because I couldn't drink the prep. I barely got it down last night but this morning my stomach wasn't having any of it.

I feel like all my dreams were flushed. I had to force myself to journal my food today. Plus, I don't feel good. I think that CPAP is creating too much pressure on my inner ears. I am very dizzy and my whole head feels horrible and I'm worried sick about Marty starting his job tomorrow and exposure to all those germy people. Ugh.
I’m sorry you’re going through so much. In addition to legitimate concerns you might have some anxiety playing a part. I know I would! Try to find some calming coping techniques. Keep yourself busy to distract yourself, or do the opposite, like me, and stare at the TV and let sitcoms help with humors and murder mysteries remind you that it all gets worked out in the end.

Just had surgery there wasn't even a mention of postponing my surgery. Keep up the positive vibes you'll be fine.

Badgy, how was Marty's first day? And how are you holding up? Hope you both had a good day today!

Back