• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Adding new Foods

I am almost 4 weeks out from bypass and I am having a very hard time adding new foods. I eat and feel extremely naseous after. I am getting so upset because I am feeling like I will never be able to eat normally again and I am so tired of Fairlife and yogurt. Please tell me this gets easier. I literally have to lay down for 30 minutes after I eat and I am working full time and sometimes have to go in the office.

You might do a web search for sample post-op bariatric food plans, then run them by your medical team. But I feel confident you'll get through this phase pretty soon and you'll want to be ready for the next phase.

On my way to solid food, it was Thanksgiving, so I did a blender thing with turkey, gravy powder, Magic Milk, instant potato flakes and whole berry cranberry sauce. I broke everything down into puree form and blended it together with a fork. After all that other crap on the liquid diet, it was delicious.

Maybe you could make a list of the foods you normally eat and enjoy, then work with your nutritionist to get them into the correct form for you to eat. It's still going to be tough, but not for long. It just FEELS like forever! The end result is so worth it.

Hang in there!

Back