• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

"Adult time" - curious?

AmberS.

Hello! It's been awhile since I've posted. Just a quick background, I had VSG surgery 9/17/2019 and I've hit a total of 122 lbs gone! I feel amazing and my confidence has sky rocketed! Which has led to an increase of sexy time with my hubs. Lol I've asked my hubby if anything feels different to him during sex, and he has said not that he notices. Which I don't know if he has or not, because I've noticed a change with certain movements. What use to not cause pain, now causes pain.. is this normal? I know I'm becoming a smaller person on the outside, but does the weight loss change anything in the lower area? I've tried to research and haven't found any information, and no I haven't asked my surgeon. Just thought I'd ask if this is something anyone else has experienced?

I had some issues, which ended up being fibroids causing the pain and I had to have a hysterectomy. It could be coincidence that it is happening at the same time as your weight loss, or it could be that things have shifted internally and are now in a position that you can tell there is an issue. I suggest seeing your OB/Gyn.

Thanks for the response. I've seen my Ob recently.(perk of working there!) I have PCOS and at the time of my visit, I was ordered an ultrasound. It came back normal, no cysts. I think I may have one at this time, which I didn't give thought of until you mentioned fibroids. I need to follow up, again!

I have endometriosis, and I’ve been having pelvic pain and pain with sex, so my OB did an ultrasound and uterine biopsy a couple weeks ago. The ultrasound was clear and biopsy fine, so he said it was most likely the endometriosis. He knows that I am on the WLS track, so even though he said he could do surgery to help with the pain he wanted me to try a progesterone only pill for a while to see if that helps. I am hoping this pill works because I really don’t want to have surgery before I have surgery lol

Hello! It's been awhile since I've posted. Just a quick background, I had VSG surgery 9/17/2019 and I've hit a total of 122 lbs gone! I feel amazing and my confidence has sky rocketed! Which has led to an increase of sexy time with my hubs. Lol I've asked my hubby if anything feels different to him during sex, and he has said not that he notices. Which I don't know if he has or not, because I've noticed a change with certain movements. What use to not cause pain, now causes pain.. is this normal? I know I'm becoming a smaller person on the outside, but does the weight loss change anything in the lower area? I've tried to research and haven't found any information, and no I haven't asked my surgeon. Just thought I'd ask if this is something anyone else has experienced?
Hmm... A significantly thinned down belly & pelvic mound would likely make penetration deeper... Is that the type of pain you're feeling?

And PS - Great job on the 122 pounds!!!

I have endometriosis, and I’ve been having pelvic pain and pain with sex, so my OB did an ultrasound and uterine biopsy a couple weeks ago. The ultrasound was clear and biopsy fine, so he said it was most likely the endometriosis. He knows that I am on the WLS track, so even though he said he could do surgery to help with the pain he wanted me to try a progesterone only pill for a while to see if that helps. I am hoping this pill works because I really don’t want to have surgery before I have surgery lol
I had my tubes tied 7 years ago, and have had period issues since then. Since having the surgery, my period has become an unpredictable monster lol. I was taking a progesterone only pill for a few months, it did help me. I stopped taking it because I am terrible at taking pills, but I am going to restart it this weekend to help out. So I hope it helps you!! The pain I have during sex isn't a constant pain, just occasionally.

Back