• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

All Requirements Fullfilled!

lacey

;) Finally, after almost 5 months of running around seeing Doctor after Doctor to fulfill some ones needs, I have been approved by the surgeon to have gastric by-pass surgery! yay!
All I need to do now is wait.....3-8 weeks for the insurance approval. yay......I do not feel that it will take that long...at least I hope not.
My sweet husband, has been such a doll through this whole adventure. He is the only one that I really discuss anything with. Without him, I think that I would lose my mind before I lost the weight....because of the wait. I could not ask for a better support person, now I just wish for quicker approval. This too shall come my way! :)

Congrats on getting everything done. I'm kind of surprised that it will take so long to get approval, but it will come. Good luck and keep us informed.

Frank

:cool:

Yeahhhhh!! :eek: I am looking forward to being into the "waiting"phase. (My waiting phase should begin at my June 5th appt. fingers crossed) My surgeon said that he has found that it takes about 2 weeks or less to hear from the insurance co's, so maybe.....just maybe it will be soon for you!

~Kelly~

Last edited:
I am really hoping that it will not take as long as the predicted time.....we shall see......chins up, as they say...lol...lacey

i have been approved by my insurance to have the surgery!!!!!!! I am so happy!!!!! My husband highlighted the approval paper and placed it in front of our keurig machine for me to see first thing today!!!! You boys and girls are some of the first to know!!! I called my bariatric liasion to make sure she knew. Texted my son and his girlfriend, and now all of you get to know!!! Super excited!!!!
So glad that i found this site to come to!!!! Woo who everyone!!!!! Xoxoxo

Congratulations Lacey. Let us know when the date is set for. You will do great, just remember to follow your plan. If you have any problems, questions or anything, just let us know.

Frank

:cool:

Thanks Frank! I am super excited! I have lost 6lbs in the past 9 days doing protein tryouts. So I am super excited to have my surgery, super excited to lose this weight and super excited to have the chance to get back down to 130lbs!!!!!! I am thrilled. If I knew I wouldn't split my head open, I would do cartwheels down the street!!! Lacey. ;):D

Back