• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

almost 5 years post op and cant loose more

I had my surgery in november 2008 i only lost up 194 and never was able to loose more.. when i eat most of the tiime i still get really bad dumping syndrome. i dont know if something went wrong or its my diet, but im completly dissapointed in myself. What can i do to fix this?

The Home page has a diet for just this reason; apparently it is a common problem. You can find the diet in the articles section of the Home Page. The article is called "5 Day Pouch Test". It seems to jump start the weight loss cycle again. You'll do great and reach your goal for sure. Also change your exercise program. Do something different your body gets used to the same routine and slows the weight loss process. Do something crazy fun. Be sure to laugh a lot too.

oh wow you have no idea how much i appreciate that . i waited to long to try and get help but im defitnetly looking foward to actually getting to my goal..Thanks so much!!!

Hi I live in Orange co. I have been looking for some support groups. I had the gastric bypass surgery over 18yrs ago. I started out at 355 and have been balancing from180 up and have gained 40-60pds due to back surgeries and not exercising. I was happy to see someone in CA. on this line. LISA

Back