• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

almost there to surgery

I see my doctor in 2 weeks to set up surgery date and I am getting nervous.
This surgery is a major ones. life changing and all that. But it's a good one that most likely gets the results you're lookin for. I remember being nervous as well. I just told myself it's gonna make me look and feel good. And I won't need a niptuck. Lol. I think you will be in good hands. If not, we will just have to find you new ones. :cool:

One step closer to a new you! Perfectly normal to be nervous! Your going to do well though, and year from now you will reread about it and smile :) Welcome to the group! :)

Thanks. My main reason for the surgery is I am diabetic ( type 2) and taking a lot of insulin (over 200 units a day) plus 2 different kinds of pills for it. I have severe sleep apnea which I have to use a BIPAP (it is like a CPAP but with 2 air pressures) otherwise I stop breathing every other minute or more. Doctors said the surgery will help with these problems. I sure hope so.

Thanks. My main reason for the surgery is I am diabetic ( type 2) and taking a lot of insulin (over 200 units a day) plus 2 different kinds of pills for it. I have severe sleep apnea which I have to use a BIPAP (it is like a CPAP but with 2 air pressures) otherwise I stop breathing every other minute or more. Doctors said the surgery will help with these problems. I sure hope so.
I read alot about the diabetes going away after surgery. Well sometimes it lowers the glucose to the point of too low but that's probably preferable to taking pills and insulin. It lowered mine so that I had to find a way to adjust that. My cpap records how many events an hour I have and that seems like it's a little less than when they tested me. I hope to stop having to sleep with it. Soon. Maybe someone has had more success and will shate their secret

Back