• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Almost time!

Your plateau will pass just keep positive and stick to your plan.
I'm down 65 lbs and I'm thrilled. I feel great, an healing from a knee replacement so my movement isn't what it could be but I'm pretty much back to regular household activities with adjustments and what I can't do others have to :)
Saggy loose skin YES, but it's OK im not into shorts bikinis and tank tops anyhow. I told my hubby I will just tuck it all in
I basically eat what I want in very small portions. I'm low fat, try to be low carb and high protein. I try to keep my calories 1000 or less and my dr is fine with that. I have begun adding protein powder to my coffees again vecause of my hair that thinned but hasn't really made a come back. I also take prenatal vitamins to lessen the amount if pulls I have to take. But do take calcium in addition.
I also use a biotin shampoo. I had a bad battle with dehydration a few months back and now drink a gatorade no sugar per day sometimes 2 if I notice a headache. I tend to forget to drink water if I'm busy. So that did me in. It was terrible. So please drink as much as you can. Also if I'm dehydrated the scale will not move down and I do see swelling in my ankles and my replacement leg is stiff from swelling.
Good luck and keep us posted. Feel free to reach out if you need.

Back