• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

almost two weeks post oo

lsales4363

I am actually glad to still be in the 2-week post op diet my doctor has me on. My parents arrived yesterday; my granddaughter today and I sure can see my old stressors would be hard at work if I didn't know I could turn away from food. I even wen tout to dinner tonight with the other grandparents (they drove my grand daughter up from So Cal). I happily sipped water while they all ate. I figure I have to face it sooner or later. But I've be very good about keeping anything tempting out of the house. My parents can be very stressful for me. And for the record, I'd lost 45 lbs since they last saw me and not a single comment (but then again, nothing negative either). I even convinced my granddaughter that we need to leave jello jigglers for Santa. In the past, we've made homemade butter cookies.

I am looking forward to soft solids come Monday. It's only been the past two days where I have actually felt a little hungry by the end of the day.

Sounds like you are doing very well. You know what your stressors are and you are handling them well. 45 lbs wow that is awesome. Yay you. Keep up the great work. Keep us posted on your great work.

Yes, you are doing wonderfully.

You don't need anyone to tell you that you are doing great.

Sooner or later some of the most unobservant people will finally notice that you have lost a whole lot of weight and inches.

It is funny how some of my friends immediately noticed 20 pounds while others didn't really notice until now, where I have lost 50 pounds in not quite 7 weeks.

The real funny one is for me to try on my suit pants that I bought just before I decided to get all the weight off. That will be a real measure for sure. I think I can now fit another person inside the same pair of pants.

It's been interesting with company. My mom bought cupcakes, but I made sure they were chocolate (I have never really cared for chocolate cake). I've made lunch and dinner for my granddaughter. I have made a point to find things that others like and I don't. My Mom and Dad wanted Burger King for dinner, I even drove my dad there while my mom started something for my granddaughter. When we went out with the other grandparents last night , I had no problem not eating anything. I sipped water. I did eye those chips and salsa, but didn't really miss them. However, I am really looking forward to starting on the soft solids tomorrow, to actually eat something while others are eating. I have been messing with the MyFitness app to create combinations of items to reach my protein goals. I am ready.

It's been interesting with company. My mom bought cupcakes, but I made sure they were chocolate (I have never really cared for chocolate cake). I've made lunch and dinner for my granddaughter. I have made a point to find things that others like and I don't. My Mom and Dad wanted Burger King for dinner, I even drove my dad there while my mom started something for my granddaughter. When we went out with the other grandparents last night , I had no problem not eating anything. I sipped water. I did eye those chips and salsa, but didn't really miss them. However, I am really looking forward to starting on the soft solids tomorrow, to actually eat something while others are eating. I have been messing with the MyFitness app to create combinations of items to reach my protein goals. I am ready.

You're doing really awesome girl!!! :) It's going to be great to be on your soft foods tomorrow and to be able to eat with your family even though you are eating your own thing. What will you be eating tomorrow? I think the first soft foods I ate were applesauce and cottage cheese. It tasted delicious even though I wasn't much on cottage cheese before my surgery. Lol...

Keep up the good work. I have enjoyed just a few goodies over the past week to see if I can tolerate them. I manage all of this intake within a 1000 calorie budget. I am hard pressed to consume 800 to 1000 calories a day right now.

I like to consume juices rather than just water all the time and I also enjoy milk.

So as you progress back to solid foods slowly but slowly start to introduce new foods one bite at a time.

Last night while out to dinner I had my 2 or 3 ounces of red snapper fish prepared by grilling and lightly seasoned. I also sampled (one bite) my wife's Portobello mushroom stuffed with whatever. One bite. One bite only. This allows you to see how it settles. The mushroom was outrageous. However, more than one bite could lead to trouble. Even when desserts are served, I may have one bite just to have a taste but that is it.

Wow you really have it together. I'm very impressed, you work every issue and turn it to your advantage. I see you joining the BIG LOSERS club before too long. You are well on your way. Keep it up.

Frank

:cool:

Back