• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Am I drinking to much.

Tray

Hi! I’m a newbie. I just had the gastric sleeve 5 days ago. First couple were rough. I would get nauseated very easy. After the first two days that went away I feel really good. Beside of course you surgery discomfort. My question is…Is it normal to be able to drink little sips all day long without getting sick or full. I have no trouble getting in 64+ ounces a day. I’m concerned I’m drinking too much.

Hi! I’m a newbie. I just had the gastric sleeve 5 days ago. First couple were rough. I would get nauseated very easy. After the first two days that went away I feel really good. Beside of course you surgery discomfort. My question is…Is it normal to be able to drink little sips all day long without getting sick or full. I have no trouble getting in 64+ ounces a day. I’m concerned I’m drinking too much.
You're fine. Obey your body. Most of us need more water than we drink. And water accelerates weight loss.

Your body will respond by not wanting more once you've had enough.

Welcome to your group!

Hi Tray & welcome. I'm not sure if there is such a thing as "normal" bc we all start at so many different places when having WLS. I had gastric bypass, and I was drinking 64 oz of water daily within 3 days of surgery. This likely was due to my years long water drinking habit. I constantly crave water, and my biggest challenge is waiting 30 min before, during, & after eating to drink. Good luck on your journey. You've already made great progress.

Hi Tray & welcome. I'm not sure if there is such a thing as "normal" bc we all start at so many different places when having WLS. I had gastric bypass, and I was drinking 64 oz of water daily within 3 days of surgery. This likely was due to my years long water drinking habit. I constantly crave water, and my biggest challenge is waiting 30 min before, during, & after eating to drink. Good luck on your journey. You've already made great progress.
Thank you!! I was concerned about that before surgery. I am like you. I drink a lot of water all day. I was worried about waiting the 30 min too. I am not there yet, but will be. That is something I will need to work on.

Hello Tray and welcome. I agree with everyone else. I was drinking 64oz no problem before I ever came home from the hospital, which is why they let me leave early. I had lot of little "but wait .. I was warned I wouldn't be able to .." moments. If you feel good, you're healing up good and that is great news. Never worry about doing well!

Back