• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

and then I met a man who had no feet...

I have mentioned a few times how I broke my wrist and ulna and tore a bunch of ligaments in my hand. I am in constant pain, though it's not that intense. My hand doctor told me that a broken bone does hurt the bone itself, even covered with muscle and skin. She said it's like having a toothache in your arm.

But you all know that old saying about I felt bad because I had no shoes and then I met a man who had no feet. That happened to me the other day.

I've been I've been upset because there's almost nothing I can do working. Everything is 20 times harder from washing the dishes to brushing my dentures while holding them in my hand trying to fluff up my artificial Christmas tree so I can get it decorated.

And I had to go to the grocery store which was super crowded but I spotted a checker who had just finished and I headed to her register. I actually physically stop for half a second cuz I saw that the only had one arm. I remember thinking that she might not be able to do a good job on maybe I should have Chosen One more able-bodied. This was just a knee-jerk response. I don't think like that unless I'm not thinking.

I didn't turn my cart around and I went to her register. She could not have been nicer and we had a lot of things to talk about while she was checking me out. I helped with bagging and a bagger came over and helped some more.

But I do believe she could have done it all herself if we had taken more time. Then she said how much she had enjoyed talking with me that our conversation made her day. Wow. What a wonderful connection I would have squandered if I had decided to let my prejudices and my self-pity push my cart.

I have mentioned a few times how I broke my wrist and ulna and tore a bunch of ligaments in my hand. I am in constant pain, though it's not that intense. My hand doctor told me that a broken bone does hurt the bone itself, even covered with muscle and skin. She said it's like having a toothache in your arm.

But you all know that old saying about I felt bad because I had no shoes and then I met a man who had no feet. That happened to me the other day.

I've been I've been upset because there's almost nothing I can do working. Everything is 20 times harder from washing the dishes to brushing my dentures while holding them in my hand trying to fluff up my artificial Christmas tree so I can get it decorated.

And I had to go to the grocery store which was super crowded but I spotted a checker who had just finished and I headed to her register. I actually physically stop for half a second cuz I saw that the only had one arm. I remember thinking that she might not be able to do a good job on maybe I should have Chosen One more able-bodied. This was just a knee-jerk response. I don't think like that unless I'm not thinking.

I didn't turn my cart around and I went to her register. She could not have been nicer and we had a lot of things to talk about while she was checking me out. I helped with bagging and a bagger came over and helped some more.

But I do believe she could have done it all herself if we had taken more time. Then she said how much she had enjoyed talking with me that our conversation made her day. Wow. What a wonderful connection I would have squandered if I had decided to let my prejudices and my self-pity push my cart.
That's so beautiful, I'm really happy for you that the universe brought you this interaction. :)

Back