• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Anyone else have the Gastric Plication surgery?

dodib

I had Plicationon July 31st--I have lost about 35 pounds so far so happy with the weight loss... but seem to not have any energy yet. I try to walk but feel so low energy. I am now on soft foods but already sick of the few items I am allowed to eat. I am getting in MOST of my protein and all of water but still feel just drained
I also have a pain in my left side of my stomach mos tof the time -- I also had a hernia taken care of at the time of surgery so don't know if itt that or what. I see the Dr inless than a week and will ask himthen.
I am happy I had plication --the first week was HORRIBLE--I was so nauscious all the time but after the week was up I felt great. I have NO hunger............ not that when my kids are eating pizza I don't think wow that looks good but I don't crave having any
Anyway would like to hear from anyone else that has had plication

Dear dodib-- I understand the gastric plication is still considered "experimental" by most insurance companies. I know mine doesn't cover it and for most of the blog entries (sorry, I can't remember if it was this blog or another) the person had to self-pay and go to Mexico.
That's a great weight loss for less than a month. At that rate you'll reach your goal in another month!

Back