• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Anyone else scheduled for 1/23??

I am scheduled for January 25th, I am stressing out right now, as I do not have a support system, meaning no one to cook for me and I do not cook for myself :( does anyone know where I can buy already meals for the post-ops diet? I would appreciate any advice.

Thank you

Hector

I am in the Los Angeles area.

There are dozens of frozen foods portioned out and sitting in the freezer case at your grocery store.

You can also set a day aside, roast a turkey or boil eggs or cut vegetables, then weigh and measure them out with kitchen utensils and simply put them in ziplock bags or small gladware containers with lids (they're already at capacity at 4 oz.)

Toss these in your fridge or freezer and take them out to thaw overnight when you want to use them. This is how people build their lunchboxes if they go to work, or just keep track if you stay home.

If you've never measured food before, read the label or package. It will say plainly how much it weighs, so you just do math and cut it up into the right size pieces. A lot of people in this group do food prep as I've described, just to save time and rise above the temptation to "guess" at portions the family is eating.

Hector, you will most likely be on a liquid diet for a while. Stock up on protein water (Protein2o, Gatorade etc) and protein shakes. Low sodium high protein soups for the weeks after.

However, your success is going to depend on YOU. I would not suggest leaving your food prep to quick or frozen meals. It is no coincidence that as humans, when our processed food consumption went up, so did our weight.

Learn a few quick easy meals. If you work out of your house, try a slow cooker. I freaking LOVE my slow cooker lol We have a recipe section here you can check out.

If you must buy highly processed foods, please read the labels. It may say 400 calories, but the container may have 5 servings.

Hector, you will most likely be on a liquid diet for a while. Stock up on protein water (Protein2o, Gatorade etc) and protein shakes. Low sodium high protein soups for the weeks after.

However, your success is going to depend on YOU. I would not suggest leaving your food prep to quick or frozen meals. It is no coincidence that as humans, when our processed food consumption went up, so did our weight.

Learn a few quick easy meals. If you work out of your house, try a slow cooker. I freaking LOVE my slow cooker lol We have a recipe section here you can check out.

If you must buy highly processed foods, please read the labels. It may say 400 calories, but the container may have 5 servings.
Thanks so much!!!

Back