• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Anyone in NV wanting to start a support group?

I'm having my Sleeve procedure done in 3 1/2 hrs. Live in the Las Vegas area. Anyone interested in talking about their experiences?

blackjack, I am Kris . Had my RNY bypass on Feb 8,2012. Get back to me when you get home. I live in Reno. Good luck It is a wonderful new life! Kris

Hi Kris, thanks for replying. I was wondering if anyone from NV got on this site. Congratulations on all your weight loss. I'm just at the beginning of my journey, but it's looking good so far.

I m in Las Vegas also

Hi my name is Jamie. I live in Las Vegas also, I am scheduled to have my surgery on May 23. I opted for the sleeve also. My surgeon will be be Dr. Umbach from blossom bariatrics. Boy am I nervous I keep thinking
what if I chicken out, and am I doing the right thing. What if I feel worse after the surgery then I did before I had it. Did these same thoughts enter inside your head before surgery too?
Would love to hear from you both.

Jamie

Hi, jamiepatrick. I also had my sleeve done by Dr. Umbach. He really is a good surgeon. And yes I had all of those feelings. Right after the surgery was bad. I was in a lot of pain. My friend also had the procedure done on the same day as me and she wasn't in as much pain as I was. It all depends on your pain tolerance, and I guess I'm a wimp when it comes to pain (so she says). Just remember every day got a little easier. Much better when I took the pain pump out. I hated carrying that around all the time. I'm now 2 weeks out and I feel great. Before surgery buy some sugar free ice pops. Your throat is going to hurt because of the tube they put down it. The ice pops really helped a lot. The first week, I had sugar free jello too. Don't worry. Your in good hands. Let me know how things go.

Hi Blackjack, Sounds like you are doing well. My surgeon was Dr Ganser from Western Bariatrics Institute in Reno. They have their own site that has VERY helpful information...check it out. Also , the head surgeon Dr Sasse has his own website also. He has written books about weight loss surgery. The main thing I can tell you is once you start eating protein or protein shakes....you will have alot of gas. I'm not kidding...ALOT of gas! lol Gas-X helps alot. Gas is an unfortunate side effect of gastric bypass. It is STILL worth it. We have the same goal weight...135. It is sure nice to have friends in the same state! Keep in touch....Kris

Hi Jamie, Don't know if I told you earlier..but I had very little pain after surgery. Got up the next day and really walked alot..it helps. I just hit my 3rd month post op and gas is my problem now..use Gas-X and it helps alot. Walking helped take my mind off pain also. I slept alot the first 24 hours as I was on a PCA which is IV pain medication for the first day. The second day I went to Vicodin. I took two and it stoped the pain really well.I was off all pain meds after the first 4 days. Surgery was the best thing I ever did. At 57...I now have a chance to live a long life and play with my Grandsons! Keep in touch. You will be in my prayers on May 23!!! Kris

Hello Everyone,

I am in Reno, NV

newme55 my surgeon is Dr Sasse. I just met with him yesterday for the first time.

gayle-n-reno

Back