• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Approved and Scheduled!

Marty G

I have finally been approved for my surgery and it was scheduled for June 6th. Now that the day has been chosen, the realization of what I am about to do is settling in. I must say I am a bit nervous, but looking forward to getting it done. Still have not made the final decision on which surgery I will have, however being that diabetes control was the reason I started this journey in the first place, I am leaning toward Gastric Bypass. I will however speak to the surgeon and take any advice into consideration. Anyway, I will post if I have any questions. Take care all.

I have finally been approved for my surgery and it was scheduled for June 6th. Now that the day has been chosen, the realization of what I am about to do is settling in. I must say I am a bit nervous, but looking forward to getting it done. Still have not made the final decision on which surgery I will have, however being that diabetes control was the reason I started this journey in the first place, I am leaning toward Gastric Bypass. I will however speak to the surgeon and take any advice into consideration. Anyway, I will post if I have any questions. Take care all.
Thats great that the hoops are over and the date is set.. Congrats.... I had the bypass and it has been one of my best choices I have made...... Off most of my meds and down 88 lbs so far....

How are you doing?

Wow that is fantastic! I saw the surgeon today and he said that because I have had hiatal hernia surgery he will not know what surgery he will do until he gets inside. He is hoping to do gastric bypass but may do a revised sleeve. He drew pictures of the surgery I had for Hiatal hernia and how he would do the gastric by pass and if it looked like that was not possible he drew me a picture of the sleeve he would do. So he called it a revision surgery. Now my next step is waiting for insurance approval and when I get that they will set a date. :) He felt confident that the surgery would help me and that he would do what was best.

So what did you finally go with, and how are you feeling

Back