• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

At a stand still

Taat

Hello my name is LaTasha and I had my surgery February 15 2017 and I'm only 36 pounds down. Can someone please give me some pointers. Thank you

Hello my name is LaTasha and I had my surgery February 15 2017 and I'm only 36 pounds down. Can someone please give me some pointers. Thank you
I just had my bypass on 5-2-2017. Did you have the bypass or the sleeve. The sleeve has a slight lower weight loss results. Are you able to exercise. I am just starting to do 30 minutes of walking per day. My Dr said I could go to gym in four weeks. You could evaluate what you are eating and the calorie intake. Or talk to your dietician for advice. I have learned from the program I am in that surgery makes your stomach smaller but can gain or slow process down by eating the wrong things or high calories. If you know your following the diet your doctor wants you to then I would ask him to help you. Best of success in your journey

Everyone has these times when the weight stops coming off, but then it picks up again and everyone loses differently so don't give up, it will come off, you can do it,. I know you can

I am 6 months post op from Gastric Bypass. I choose this surgery basically because my diabetes was out of control. While my insulin needs have declined, I am at a stanstill weight wise. Started at 238 now 183. BMI still almost 32. I need help. I'm extremely depressed. Nothing is happening, and I am losing my ability to stay true to my diet. I hardly eat anything as it is. I have never had dumping, or vomiting so it is difficult to tell when my pouch is full. Does anyone have any ideas how I can "reset" my self so that I may continue to lose weight? I went through too much for this to not have worked. Please help!!

I am 6 months post op from Gastric Bypass. I choose this surgery basically because my diabetes was out of control. While my insulin needs have declined, I am at a stanstill weight wise. Started at 238 now 183. BMI still almost 32. I need help. I'm extremely depressed. Nothing is happening, and I am losing my ability to stay true to my diet. I hardly eat anything as it is. I have never had dumping, or vomiting so it is difficult to tell when my pouch is full. Does anyone have any ideas how I can "reset" my self so that I may continue to lose weight? I went through too much for this to not have worked. Please help!!
That is a awesome weight loss. I'm only four weeks post op at a stand still on weight. But I decided not to stress out and concentrate on doing what I'm supposed to and trying to increase my walking. And don't give up. You could reevaluate everything you eat and what your doing for exercise. I don't know how often you weigh but maybe stay away from the scale for awhile but stay on your program. I know I have to prepare for weight staying the same. Your doing a good job and think of all your accomplishments

I think your weight loss is great, just keep doing what you are doing, you can't lose everyday or every week but believe me it will start again, don't get frustrated it will happen

my thoughts are if you are not gaining then what is the problem? I lost 60 lbs and gained it all back over 2-3 years because I wasn't paying attention... weight loss is 80% food not climbing a mountain or running a marathon.. I did not excersize at all but excersize is healthy...I am an emotional eater and life is stressful so unless someone sews my mouth shut I will still treat to eat for me this is all a mind thing...

Back