• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

August Surgery

Hi Amy,

My surgery is on August 20. Like you im excited but nervous also. Ive dealt all my life with weight problems and tried tons of diets with no success. In 2006 my sister had the Lap Band done and ever since she has done great. Then I decided to try thd process myself. Unfortunately my insurance denied it because my bmi was to high. I fell in a bad depression snd kind of gave up on loosing weight. Then my doctor suggests I try the Alli which was recently approved by the FDA. I lost 75 pounds with that and felt like a different person but I became pregnant of my second baby and had to stop taking that weight loss medication. Now I decided to try again with this surgery and was approved. My other sister had her surgery done on June 18 of this year and has lost 30 pounds ever since, but she is not following the rules and vomits constantly. Thats what im scared of . I font want to bevome obsessed and fail. How are you planning to overcome your fears?

Hi Amy my name is LOIS and my surgery is scheduled for August 20. Let's keep in touch. I'm also having the gastric Bypass. Because I my whole life and nothing ever worked long-term this is the best for me. I'm really having a hard time Changing my eating habits especially drinking with meals. Hope you are doing better. Nevertheless I will succeed at this and so will you.

Back