• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Augusta Maine Sadi Surgeries

Wow, has it actually been seven years since you posted? And what is "sadi?" I assume you've had surgery. What kind, and how were your results?

If we have any members in Maine, I'm sure they'll pipe up.

In the meantime, welcome back. I'm sure we're all interested in what you have to say.

Here's a passage listing the disadvantage of SADI-S sugery:

Disadvantages
Patients will need to take vitamin supplements A, D, E, K and minerals throughout their lives. Analytical monitoring is necessary to prevent malnutrition. Stones in the gallbladder, flatulence and diarrhea are more frequent. The surgical risks are similar as in other bariatric techniques, including intestinal perforation, anastomotic leaks, infection, abscess, venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism. In the long term, it can produce a bowel obstruction. There is a greater chance of bile reflux than a traditional duodenal switch. As of 2018, it is still classified as experimental by all insurance companies and has no long term follow-up data. There is no research to indicate that it has any significant reduction in vitamin or mineral supplementation as compared to the classic duodenal switch.

[ End ]

Good luck with your procedure!

Back