• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Average Weight Loss Post Op By Weight

I like this chart because so many of us think we are not losing fast enough and then see that we are actually right on target. And it also points out the more you weight the quicker it will come off. And while we shouldn't be comparing our progress to others, it's good to know what the average person loses.

I like that there is a fairly significant variance for a particular range (35-60 lbs by mos 3 if over 300), which essentially means, there is no "normal" per se. We can't get too wrapped up with where we "think" we should be. We need to just keep focused on doing the right things.

I posted this because (as I'm sure you all remember lol) I freaked out early post op that I wasn't losing 'fast enough'. I found this chart to be pretty reasonable. It has a decent range and I also like that it has WL averages by starting weight. And especially in the beginning, many of us need to see numbers. We get scared that we're messing up and already failing, just due to our own insecurities.

Back