• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Back after time away

Anne23

Hi friends! I have been away from our community for a few months - I was selling my home, moving to a new one, husband started a new job, had some family things to tend to...and during that time I passed my one year anniversary in March, and have been consistently sitting at 90 pounds lost. I am proud of how far I have come (and had less to loose from the start) - but eager to hit 100. I figure with the warmer weather here I’ll be outside and more active but I also need to ditch the snacky carbs that have crept back into my evenings. So, it’s back to basics for me and that includes checking in with this support group and also helping others here. Now...I have lots of reading/scrolling to catch up on!

Hi friends! I have been away from our community for a few months - I was selling my home, moving to a new one, husband started a new job, had some family things to tend to...and during that time I passed my one year anniversary in March, and have been consistently sitting at 90 pounds lost. I am proud of how far I have come (and had less to loose from the start) - but eager to hit 100. I figure with the warmer weather here I’ll be outside and more active but I also need to ditch the snacky carbs that have crept back into my evenings. So, it’s back to basics for me and that includes checking in with this support group and also helping others here. Now...I have lots of reading/scrolling to catch up on!
Hi Anne, it's great to hear from you. 90lbs lost is an awesome accomplishment!!! You are almost exactly where I want to be. I've lost about 65 lbs so far, my 1 yr anniversary is July 12th, and my ultimate goal is 100lbs total weight loss. Evening/nighttime snacking seems to be an obstacle for so many of us. Good luck in your continuing journey.

Wow 90 lbs is amazing! Nice to meet you!

Hi Anne, it's great to hear from you. 90lbs lost is an awesome accomplishment!!! You are almost exactly where I want to be. I've lost about 65 lbs so far, my 1 yr anniversary is July 12th, and my ultimate goal is 100lbs total weight loss. Evening/nighttime snacking seems to be an obstacle for so many of us. Good luck in your continuing journey.

Yes you and I are very close Karen!!! I am VERY proud of my 90 lost and honestly could probably stay here but my surgery team wants me down 95 total and I’m like, I didn’t go through this whole journey to end it 5 pounds shy of a nice rounded 100 lol. So it’s a goal I continue to work towards! We can do it!!!!

Yes you and I are very close Karen!!! I am VERY proud of my 90 lost and honestly could probably stay here but my surgery team wants me down 95 total and I’m like, I didn’t go through this whole journey to end it 5 pounds shy of a nice rounded 100 lol. So it’s a goal I continue to work towards! We can do it!!!!
Wow that's incredible! 90 lbs?! Wow! Yes keep up the work to get that full 95!

Yes I have that big number always in the back of my mind (100!), but I try to celebrate those NSVs to keep my spirits up as my weight loss has slowed down considerably. I know the harder we work on it, the better results we'll have, whether it's my final 35lbs or your last 5 or 10lbs. But oh my, doesn't 90lbs seem so magnificent a reward for all you've done to get here? Woohoo!!!

I found that eating more often helped kick my metabolism back into gear.

Back