• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Back on Track

hi misistrunk it's not too late to start again, all of us get off track and have to begin again. I had my surgery 9-2012 I have already been concerned about stretching out my pouch. do you feel like your's has stretched out over time? when I read others post and they are still only able to eat 3 or 4 bites , I really get concerned about what I have eaten. do you still drink protein shakes of any kind or do you plan to introduce them to your diet plan now? this room has been very kind and helpful to me in the past year that I have been comming to this room. I bet we could learn alot from your journey since you had yours awhile back, care to share some of your experiences? Don't give up on yourself you orginally had the surgery to improve your health and to loose weight, and it was and is a tool to help you, it's still there within you. one day one bite and one pound at a time, never give up on yourself because you matter.
Donna

Hello Donna. It has been a challenging journey and I know this is a tool. I drink the protein drinks sporadically. Not as consistent as I once was. I suffer with spinal stenois and ostheoarthritis and was put on pain meds, had back surgery in March of 2011 and May of 2012. The pain meds had a adverse effect and the protein drink did not set well with me. However, my plan is to get back on the protein drink now that I am no longing on the pains, and to re-incorporate those habits I started at the beginning of my journey. Thank you for your kind words.

Google the Five Day Pouch Test. It is supposed to be a way for post bariatrics who have regained to re-sart the process by going back to the basics. I don't know if it works since I am still only 9 months out and still losing. But as my weight loss slows down, I would consider it. You can read up on it on the Living After Weight Loss Surgery website.

Back