• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Back on Track

Tamara Price

I'm 3 years post op and have successfully managed to keep 60 pounds off. Early on in my weight loss journey I became scared because I was loosing so much and it seemed too fast. I wasn't doing anything to loose the weight, exercising hadn't entered the weight loss equation. I ended up getting off track, eating foods I shouldn't have and basically putting my tool on hold. Well after seeing my bariatric doctor I am now encouraged to get back on track. I saw the doctor on 10/21 and since then have lost 7 pounds.

Are there any post op members out there that are also getting or thinking about getting back on track. I say it is never to late as long as your tool is still in good working order.

I'm 3 years post op and have successfully managed to keep 60 pounds off. Early on in my weight loss journey I became scared because I was loosing so much and it seemed too fast. I wasn't doing anything to loose the weight, exercising hadn't entered the weight loss equation. I ended up getting off track, eating foods I shouldn't have and basically putting my tool on hold. Well after seeing my bariatric doctor I am now encouraged to get back on track. I saw the doctor on 10/21 and since then have lost 7 pounds.

Are there any post op members out there that are also getting or thinking about getting back on track. I say it is never to late as long as your tool is still in good working order.
As you know, I'm not post op yet, but I wanted to congratulate you on your 7 lb loss. Keep it up.

Hi! I am new here. I am 10 years post on for my lap band. I lost 80 pounds, had a problem with the band, unfilled, gained 80, refilled lost 80. I have maintained that for 5 years. I am ready to try to lose the next 50. So yes, trying to get back on track. I haven't much followed the rules in the few years and am re-reading and refreshing on them for eating right... I started exercising a few months ago, but stopped, so need to start that back up again. Thought I would try some support forums to chat with others in the same boat! Congrats on the 7 pounds! I see my doc next week to get a check up on the band and possibly a fill to help. Good luck on your journey!

Hi! I am new here. I am 10 years post on for my lap band. I lost 80 pounds, had a problem with the band, unfilled, gained 80, refilled lost 80. I have maintained that for 5 years. I am ready to try to lose the next 50. So yes, trying to get back on track. I haven't much followed the rules in the few years and am re-reading and refreshing on them for eating right... I started exercising a few months ago, but stopped, so need to start that back up again. Thought I would try some support forums to chat with others in the same boat! Congrats on the 7 pounds! I see my doc next week to get a check up on the band and possibly a fill to help. Good luck on your journey!
Welcome to our group. You will find lots of support here. Can't wait to hear as you continue to lose weight.

Welcome Robyn to the online support group and welcome back on track. I purchased a book on Amazon that deals with getting back on track after having weight loss surgery. It breaks things down. Congrats on deciding to reuse your tool. Please keep in touch.

Back