• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

back to school

How's it going for you moms and dads whose kids are going back to school right now? It would be so hard for me to wake up with the kid, pack a lumch and snack, make sure everything was "classroom ready" and sending him off to school, then being immersed in the silence of the house with him gone.

what do other parents do after the kids head out of the house five days a week? Do you have a routine that's good for you? Or do you sit and watch soaps and mindlessly snack? It's been a long time since my kid was in school, but I was definitely a nibbler and couch potato whenever I got to be alone. I was a single parent from the day he was born and food was my best friend.

I love my grandbabies but they are a handful:). My youngest is back to school.......ok, freshman in college. I'm over the moon about it. I used to sit and eat if I wasn't working. I was no better at housekeeping when I wasn't working than when I was working. Strange how that works.

Back