• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

bariatric sleeve

Good evening everyone, My name is Ann, I'm 62 yrs old and had the bariatric sleeve surgery on 11/2/2022. I've been having alot of difficulties with eating, vomiting, nausia, & my emotions being all over the place. M husband & sister suggested that I find a support group with people who have been through and could understand what I'm going through so that's why I'm here, I don't know where else to go for that support.

Hello and welcome.
Have you spoken with your team about these issues? Especially the physical ones? My team actually has an in-person support group we can attend for free. In nicer weather they even do "walking" support groups where they walk during the meetings.
Some people prefer in-person groups, some don't. Only a suggestion.
I hope you start feeling better soon.

Gosh! I sometimes forget how emotional that early stage was. Nausea is pretty normal. Difficulty eating early on is also normal. Vomiting is not. Make sure you are only eating small amounts and chewing thoroughly. The signal you're full is not working so stop after every ounce for a few minutes, just to see how your food is sitting. Talk to your medical team if you continue to vomit.

As to the emotional struggles. I used to cry in the shower. The fam was eating yummy food. I was hungry (mentally) and felt like I was never going to be able to eat anything truly solid again. Never mind carbs lol Its natural to ask WTF you did to yourself. Change is super stressful, even when its positive. And this IS a positive change. It just takes some time to adjust. Hang in there!!

Back