• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Bat Arms

Niseh76

Hi..I'm 5 months post op, I've lost 81 pounds and I workout 3-5 days a week...but these bat arms are hanging and I hate it. Do you all have any recommendations other than surgery? Thx

Pure Argan Oil has helped my wrinkled skin a lot but nothing to my knowledge will change the bat wings I have short of surgery.

Best of Luck,

Cheyenne

Well short of surgery there will be excess skin. It is a small price to pay for a happier and healthier you !!!

Keep exercising and working out. That helps too.

Best wishes,

Ralph

Congratulations on your weight loss success. Have you talked with a personal trainer? I know bat wings won't go away completly but a trainer may be able to offer suggestions on how to tone them some

Hello Niseh, I questioned the same thing about having bat arms since I already have that and I have not had my surgery yet (its scheduled for May 5). Anyways, my doctor advised me to get spandex material or something to this nature to wear while working out to help compress the arms for toning purposes.

Also there are a lot of websites that state to get a blue or green resistance band, stand on it and pull it behind you to do tricep extensions. If you do three sets of 20 reps your arms will get a good workout! Pulling up the resistance band behind your head is also effective. Other methods include using weights to do tricep extensions and putting yourself into a plank position and lowering yourself down.

Good luck

Debbie

well i bought my daughter this top from Avon.. its a curves outfit actually and it came in two pieces. The top helped with the arms, and belly and the bottom helped with the waist, hips, and thighs. I can ask my niece if they still sell this and let you know. Otherwise go to Walmart and look at what they have in stock. If I find something online I will let you know. I am in process of ordering myself things so I can start now.

Lets keep in touch!

Debbie

Back