• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Before and After Photos Needed for a Discrimination Study

bmchugh

I am a PhD student at the University of Central Florida. Our lab is conducting a study on perceptions of overweight versus nonoverweight applicants to jobs. We need photos of someone before and after a significant weight loss (50-lbs) for an experiment. We need photos of both men and women. I'd prefer photos in the same poses and similar clothing. Would anyone be willing to let me use their before and after photos? I know a lot of people post their photos on this site, but I'd like to get permission from the person in the photos before using them in a study.

I am a PhD student at the University of Central Florida. Our lab is conducting a study on perceptions of overweight versus nonoverweight applicants to jobs. We need photos of someone before and after a significant weight loss (50-lbs) for an experiment. We need photos of both men and women. I'd prefer photos in the same poses and similar clothing. Would anyone be willing to let me use their before and after photos? I know a lot of people post their photos on this site, but I'd like to get permission from the person in the photos before using them in a study.

I attended UCF and conducted and worked on and with several medical research programs myself so I am a bit taken aback by this request.

If you are indeed a UCF student, I do not see your full name, verifiable affiliations or any reliable & verifiable credentials posted for the type of private and personal you are requesting.
I do not see a contact phone number for the Professor, Lead researcher or an address with lab information. This is needed in order for people to be able to verify the legitimacy of this request...
I have some hesitations with this post..
Living in Central Florida and knowing firsthand that UCF has a very strong working relationship with Florida Hospital you would know that you have access to one of the top Bariatric Surgeons in the world. His practice is located right out of Florida Hospital Celebration. You may want to contact Dr. Keith Kim's office and speak to his office manager.
They may be able to put you in contact with several patients who are willing to help you with your study..
Sounds like this is a marketing research program. I know UCF is very active in all phases and types of marketing and health research...
What type of stipend is your department providing for participants?

What lab are you affiliated with at the Campus?

Who is your professor is heading this study?

What department is sponsoring this study?

What team is backing this study?

Who is providing funding for this study?

What are the total parameters of this study?

Where are the results to be published?

Who has access to the results?

Good point StinkerBelle, I am withdrawing my support until your questions are answered satisfactorily. Sometimes I get a little carried away with being an advocate of WLS and weight loss in general. Thanks for knocking some sense into me.

Frank

:cool:

Good point StinkerBelle, I am withdrawing my support until your questions are answered satisfactorily. Sometimes I get a little carried away with being an advocate of WLS and weight loss in general. Thanks for knocking some sense into me.

Frank

:cool:

Frank I am like you.. I believe in WLS and am a very strong advocate as well.

I do not want to see any of my WLS circle hurt by some unverifiable "research' thing.

I attended UCF back in the mid 80's, worked with and on several medical research programs back in the day...
We would have been in some serious trouble for openly soliciting people without providing verifiable, the structure of the research, what is required of participants, a participant support network and so forth and so on.

View attachment 1558

Back