• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Beginners Guide to Getting Started on the Forums

Kevin

Staff member
This guide has not been updated since our new Forum Software was implemented in April 2016.

I'll get this update shortly though...

First of all, I would like to mention that the software used to build these forums comes with a built-in FAQ guide that covers most areas members would be interested in. This guide is just something that I came up with based on my experience with using these forums and figuring them out on my own. I will probably add/edit this guide from time to time.

Things I will include in this guide:

1. Registering
  2. Browsing & Searching the Forums
  3. Threads & Posting
    1. What is a Thread?
    2. Where to Post your Thread
    3. How to Post a new Thread correctly
    4. Replying to a Thread (using quotes, etc..)
  4. Your Settings
    1. My Messages
    2. My Subscriptions
    3. Edit Profile
    4. Profile Pictures & Avatars (Avatar is the Picture next to your Posts)
    5. Signatures
    6. Tickers in the Signature
    7. Email/Password
  5. Profiles
    1. Visitor Messages
    2. About Me
    3. Friends
    4. Blog
    5. Post Thanks/Like
    6. Photo Albums
  6. Main Navigation Buttons on top of forums.
    1. Home
    2. Forums
    3. Gallery
    4. What’s New?
    5. Our Bariatric Store
    6. Articles & Information
  7. How You Can Help!
    1. Check Back Often & Help Others
    2. Mention us at your Support Groups
    3. Link to us in your Blog or Website!
    4. Browse through the American Bariatrics Store
    5. Donations: Not Accepted

1. Registering: Registering is very simple and is required for posting on the site. To register, click on the ‘Register’ button on the top right of the forums. Then simply follow the instructions on the page. It will ask you to enter the Username you would like to be known as on the site, a password, and an email address. Don’t worry about getting spam in your email, we don’t let anyone else have access to your email address. And that’s it, you’re now Registered on the American Bariatrics Forums!

2. Browsing & Searching the Forums: These forums have a great built-in Search tool. Above the Advanced Search button near the top right of the forums is a blank white box. You can type any keyword in this box and hit Enter to search for that keyword. This part of the search isn’t really that great, so you’re better off clicking Advanced Search if you really want to find something. The best way I’ve found to use this Advanced Search is to just go right to the part that says Keyword(s) and has the dropdown box next to it that says ‘Search Entire Posts’. If, for example, you wanted to read up on what people are saying about Hair Loss after surgery, you would want to click on Advanced Search. In the Keyword(s) box type in: Hair Loss. Then click on the dropdown box next to it and select ‘Search Titles Only’, then click the Search Now button. This will bring up a list of anything on the site that has Hair Loss in the title.

3. Threads & Posting:

1. What Is A Thread? - A Thread is basically a conversation that a member started.
  2. Where to Post your new Thread: Use your best judgment when posting threads. For example, if you want to ask someone about “Nausea you’ve been feeling since surgery”, select the General Post-Op Chat section. Don’t worry if you are unsure where to post, one of us will move it to the proper forum if you post in the wrong forum. But if you are completely unsure where to post, you’re best bet is to just post it in the General Chat section.
  3. How to Post a new Thread correctly: I have received a lot of emails and messages asking how to post a new thread. Don’t be embarrassed, not everyone understands these message boards, but it is easy to do! For starters, it’s good to post your first Thread in the Introductions section. To do this, find and click on the Introductions section which you’ll see somewhere near the top on the main forums page of our site (http://www.Americanbariatrics.org/forum.php ). You’ll then see a list of Threads that other members have started, introducing themselves.
Now, click on the Post New Thread button located near the top left of the screen. The Title should be a brief description of what you want to say. Under the Title is a box with a bunch of editing tools, but these tools aren’t necessary if you don’t know how to use them. Under the editing tools box is a big white box where you can type your post. The more descriptive you are the more likely someone will be able to help you. But also be careful not to just ramble on and try to use correct grammar and spelling if you can. You’d be surprised how much more your post will be taken seriously if you use correct spelling and grammar.​
(After you’ve written your post you can add a Post Icon if you wish. This just adds a symbol before your Title. Tags are optional. Tags just help people find your post by searching for those tag words in the Search box.​
Additional Options: You usually won’t need to mess with these options, except maybe if you want to change your Subscription to the thread.​
Finally, before you click on the "Submit New Thread" button look for the Thread Subscription drop down box and select instant email notification so that you can be notified as soon as you get a response.)​
Click Submit New Thread once you are ready to post it to the forums. Or select Preview Post first to see what the post will look like to someone else.​
Replying to a Thread - Very simple. At the bottom of a Thread you will see a big box named Quick Reply. Just type in this box whatever you want to reply with. Each individual Post also has the option to Reply with Quotes under it. You can use this if you want to reply to a specific part of someone's post. The quotes just let someone know exactly what you are responding to.​

4. Your Settings: This is where most of your settings can be adjusted. To get to your Settings, Click on Settings on the top right of the forums.

1. My Messages: This is for your Private Messages (PM) with other members.
  2. My Subscriptions: Your Subscriptions are Threads that you have subscribed to. Being subscribed to a Thread means that you will be notified whenever someone else Posts in that Thread. You will be notified by either email or just in your Notifications on this site. You have the option of subscribing to a thread whenever you post.
  3. Edit Profile: Here you can edit the information that other people will see about you. This stuff is all optional. Some of this information shows up on the left side of each of your posts.
  4. Profile Pictures & Avatars: Your Avatar is the image that shows up next to each of your posts on the forums. It also now shows up on the bottom left of your profile.
  5. Signatures: Your signature is the text that automatically posts just below every forum post you make. This is where you can put a quote or saying that you like, a link to your blog, or a little picture. Some people also add a Ticker here.
  6. Tickers: Tickers are those cool little graph pictures that show how much weight you have lost so far. Adding a Ticker Image to your signature is very easy to do.
    Here’s the steps involved to add the Ticker:
    1 – Go to Graphical Tickers and Trackers: Weight Loss, Trying To Conceive, Pregnancy...
    2 – Select your Ruler, Click Next. Select your Slider, Click Next. Then fill out the information you want on the slider (normally just choose a password and fill out the Weight section), Click Next
    3 – Highlight & Copy the BBCode.
    4 – Login to your American Bariatrics Support Group account and click on SETTINGS on the top right. Then click on Edit Signature on the left side of the page. Then Paste the BBCode into the Signature box. You can preview the signature to see what it will look like.
    5 – If you ever need to change your weight in the Ticker, just click on your ticker, then you’ll be asked to enter the password you used before you can change the weight.
  7. Email/Password: This is where you can change your email and password.
5. Profiles: Your Profile is where other members can read some information about you. This information is optional, so please don’t disclose any information you are uncomfortable with. To get to your Profile, Click on MY PROFILE on the top right of the forums.
1. Visitor Messages: This feature works a lot like a Facebook Wall. On each members’ profile page there is now a section called VISITOR MESSAGING. This is where people can post comments on your wall. There is a setting that I would recommend changing that allows only your Friends to post Messages on your wall. You can get to this setting by going to the 'Settings' link at the very top right of each page, then from there you can scroll down a little bit and you'll see on the left side of the page a box called 'My Settings'. Under My Settings click on 'Profile Privacy'. From there you'll see the option Visitor Messages: with 4 options that you can select (Everyone, Registered Members, Contacts, Friends). If you select Friends here, only your friends will be able to post onto your wall. I do my best to keep Spammers off our site, but from what I've been reading Spammers like to post on random people's Visitor Messages. So I just wanted to let everyone know about this Privacy option.​
2. About Me: This shows some of your basic information to others, some of it you may have already entered in your Settings, and some of it is just statistics about your account.​
3. Friends: You can add and keep track of Friends that you make on the forums. To add a friend, Click on their name somewhere and go to their profile. You will then see the +Add As Friend button under their profile picture.​
4. Blog: The Blog feature isn’t completely enabled on our site as of now, but you still have the option of keeping up a blog on here. You can use your Blog as a diary of your Weight Loss Surgery process or to just write about anything you feel like writing about. Other members can view your Blog when they are on your profile and it shows up in Searches. Main Navigation Buttons on top of forums.​
5. Post Thanks/Like: This is just statistics for when you “Like” a post or someone “Likes” your posts. Clicking “Like” under someone’s post is just a way of thanking them for their post without writing a new post just to thank them.​
6. Photo Albums: You can upload pictures and create photo albums that are saved to your profile. Most members like to post Before/After photos to show that your hard work has finally paid off. The photos that you add to albums will also show up under the GALLERY tab.​
6. Main Navigation Buttons on top of forums:

1. Forums: This takes you to the main Forums Homepage at AmericanBariatrics.Org.
  2. What's New: This shows you new threads and comments since last time you were logged on.
  3. Pics: This is our members photos and photo albums.
  4. Resources: This takes you to our Articles that we’ve found on the web that may be helpful to our members.
  5. Bariatric Store: This will take you to Bariatric Food Source, without their support we wouldn't be able to operate these forums for free.

7. How You Can Help!

1. Check Back Often & Help Others: Members love hearing back from the other members that are around often.
  2. Mention us at your Support Groups: Word of mouth has become a big source of new members on our site.
  3. Link to us in your Blog or Website! Linking to us in your blogs or mentioning us on your website will help bring traffic to the support group. You just have to link to us once and that link will always be there.
  4. Browse through our Sponsor's Stores: They have some great products in the Store, and the Store is what pays for the maintenance and hosting of our Forums.
  5. Donations: No, we do not accept donations. So keep your money!

Enjoy your time spent at the American Bariatrics Support Group!

Last edited:
Renie-After you log in go to top of page and click on notifications then inbox. Scroll down and look for profile settings on the left of your screen. Then look for edit avatars. You can download an avatar there. This will be your profile picture.

this may seem this may seem like a no-brainer, but I have seen a lot of people making profile posts instead of finding the right forum that would allow them to post to the entire group. I have been confused about profile posting for a long time, but I'm going to talk about that more later. This is just the list of operations and guidelines for membership in this group, authored by our moderator, Kevin, and it really should be something people read before they ever post.

This guide has not been updated since our new Forum Software was implemented in April 2016.

I'll get this update shortly though...

First of all, I would like to mention that the software used to build these forums comes with a built-in FAQ guide that covers most areas members would be interested in. This guide is just something that I came up with based on my experience with using these forums and figuring them out on my own. I will probably add/edit this guide from time to time.

Things I will include in this guide:

1. Registering
  2. Browsing & Searching the Forums
  3. Threads & Posting
    1. What is a Thread?
    2. Where to Post your Thread
    3. How to Post a new Thread correctly
    4. Replying to a Thread (using quotes, etc..)
  4. Your Settings
    1. My Messages
    2. My Subscriptions
    3. Edit Profile
    4. Profile Pictures & Avatars (Avatar is the Picture next to your Posts)
    5. Signatures
    6. Tickers in the Signature
    7. Email/Password
  5. Profiles
    1. Visitor Messages
    2. About Me
    3. Friends
    4. Blog
    5. Post Thanks/Like
    6. Photo Albums
  6. Main Navigation Buttons on top of forums.
    1. Home
    2. Forums
    3. Gallery
    4. What’s New?
    5. Our Bariatric Store
    6. Articles & Information
  7. How You Can Help!
    1. Check Back Often & Help Others
    2. Mention us at your Support Groups
    3. Link to us in your Blog or Website!
    4. Browse through the American Bariatrics Store
    5. Donations: Not Accepted
1. Registering: Registering is very simple and is required for posting on the site. To register, click on the ‘Register’ button on the top right of the forums. Then simply follow the instructions on the page. It will ask you to enter the Username you would like to be known as on the site, a password, and an email address. Don’t worry about getting spam in your email, we don’t let anyone else have access to your email address. And that’s it, you’re now Registered on the American Bariatrics Forums!

2. Browsing & Searching the Forums: These forums have a great built-in Search tool. Above the Advanced Search button near the top right of the forums is a blank white box. You can type any keyword in this box and hit Enter to search for that keyword. This part of the search isn’t really that great, so you’re better off clicking Advanced Search if you really want to find something. The best way I’ve found to use this Advanced Search is to just go right to the part that says Keyword(s) and has the dropdown box next to it that says ‘Search Entire Posts’. If, for example, you wanted to read up on what people are saying about Hair Loss after surgery, you would want to click on Advanced Search. In the Keyword(s) box type in: Hair Loss. Then click on the dropdown box next to it and select ‘Search Titles Only’, then click the Search Now button. This will bring up a list of anything on the site that has Hair Loss in the title.

3. Threads & Posting:

1. What Is A Thread? - A Thread is basically a conversation that a member started.
  2. Where to Post your new Thread: Use your best judgment when posting threads. For example, if you want to ask someone about “Nausea you’ve been feeling since surgery”, select the General Post-Op Chat section. Don’t worry if you are unsure where to post, one of us will move it to the proper forum if you post in the wrong forum. But if you are completely unsure where to post, you’re best bet is to just post it in the General Chat section.
  3. How to Post a new Thread correctly: I have received a lot of emails and messages asking how to post a new thread. Don’t be embarrassed, not everyone understands these message boards, but it is easy to do! For starters, it’s good to post your first Thread in the Introductions section. To do this, find and click on the Introductions section which you’ll see somewhere near the top on the main forums page of our site (http://www.Americanbariatrics.org/forum.php ). You’ll then see a list of Threads that other members have started, introducing themselves.
Now, click on the Post New Thread button located near the top left of the screen. The Title should be a brief description of what you want to say. Under the Title is a box with a bunch of editing tools, but these tools aren’t necessary if you don’t know how to use them. Under the editing tools box is a big white box where you can type your post. The more descriptive you are the more likely someone will be able to help you. But also be careful not to just ramble on and try to use correct grammar and spelling if you can. You’d be surprised how much more your post will be taken seriously if you use correct spelling and grammar.
(After you’ve written your post you can add a Post Icon if you wish. This just adds a symbol before your Title. Tags are optional. Tags just help people find your post by searching for those tag words in the Search box.​
Additional Options: You usually won’t need to mess with these options, except maybe if you want to change your Subscription to the thread.​
Finally, before you click on the "Submit New Thread" button look for the Thread Subscription drop down box and select instant email notification so that you can be notified as soon as you get a response.)​
Click Submit New Thread once you are ready to post it to the forums. Or select Preview Post first to see what the post will look like to someone else.​
Replying to a Thread - Very simple. At the bottom of a Thread you will see a big box named Quick Reply. Just type in this box whatever you want to reply with. Each individual Post also has the option to Reply with Quotes under it. You can use this if you want to reply to a specific part of someone's post. The quotes just let someone know exactly what you are responding to.​

4. Your Settings: This is where most of your settings can be adjusted. To get to your Settings, Click on Settings on the top right of the forums.

View attachment 155

1. My Messages: This is for your Private Messages (PM) with other members.
  2. My Subscriptions: Your Subscriptions are Threads that you have subscribed to. Being subscribed to a Thread means that you will be notified whenever someone else Posts in that Thread. You will be notified by either email or just in your Notifications on this site. You have the option of subscribing to a thread whenever you post.
  3. Edit Profile: Here you can edit the information that other people will see about you. This stuff is all optional. Some of this information shows up on the left side of each of your posts.
  4. Profile Pictures & Avatars: Your Avatar is the image that shows up next to each of your posts on the forums. It also now shows up on the bottom left of your profile.
  5. Signatures: Your signature is the text that automatically posts just below every forum post you make. This is where you can put a quote or saying that you like, a link to your blog, or a little picture. Some people also add a Ticker here.
  6. Tickers: Tickers are those cool little graph pictures that show how much weight you have lost so far. Adding a Ticker Image to your signature is very easy to do.
    Here’s the steps involved to add the Ticker:
    1 – Go to Graphical Tickers and Trackers: Weight Loss, Trying To Conceive, Pregnancy...
    2 – Select your Ruler, Click Next. Select your Slider, Click Next. Then fill out the information you want on the slider (normally just choose a password and fill out the Weight section), Click Next
    3 – Highlight & Copy the BBCode.
    4 – Login to your American Bariatrics Support Group account and click on SETTINGS on the top right. Then click on Edit Signature on the left side of the page. Then Paste the BBCode into the Signature box. You can preview the signature to see what it will look like.
    5 – If you ever need to change your weight in the Ticker, just click on your ticker, then you’ll be asked to enter the password you used before you can change the weight.
  7. Email/Password: This is where you can change your email and password.
5. Profiles: Your Profile is where other members can read some information about you. This information is optional, so please don’t disclose any information you are uncomfortable with. To get to your Profile, Click on MY PROFILE on the top right of the forums.
1. Visitor Messages: This feature works a lot like a Facebook Wall. On each members’ profile page there is now a section called VISITOR MESSAGING. This is where people can post comments on your wall. There is a setting that I would recommend changing that allows only your Friends to post Messages on your wall. You can get to this setting by going to the 'Settings' link at the very top right of each page, then from there you can scroll down a little bit and you'll see on the left side of the page a box called 'My Settings'. Under My Settings click on 'Profile Privacy'. From there you'll see the option Visitor Messages: with 4 options that you can select (Everyone, Registered Members, Contacts, Friends). If you select Friends here, only your friends will be able to post onto your wall. I do my best to keep Spammers off our site, but from what I've been reading Spammers like to post on random people's Visitor Messages. So I just wanted to let everyone know about this Privacy option.​
2. About Me: This shows some of your basic information to others, some of it you may have already entered in your Settings, and some of it is just statistics about your account.​
3. Friends: You can add and keep track of Friends that you make on the forums. To add a friend, Click on their name somewhere and go to their profile. You will then see the +Add As Friend button under their profile picture.​
4. Blog: The Blog feature isn’t completely enabled on our site as of now, but you still have the option of keeping up a blog on here. You can use your Blog as a diary of your Weight Loss Surgery process or to just write about anything you feel like writing about. Other members can view your Blog when they are on your profile and it shows up in Searches. Main Navigation Buttons on top of forums.​
5. Post Thanks/Like: This is just statistics for when you “Like” a post or someone “Likes” your posts. Clicking “Like” under someone’s post is just a way of thanking them for their post without writing a new post just to thank them.
6. Photo Albums: You can upload pictures and create photo albums that are saved to your profile. Most members like to post Before/After photos to show that your hard work has finally paid off. The photos that you add to albums will also show up under the GALLERY tab.​
6. Main Navigation Buttons on top of forums:

1. Forums: This takes you to the main Forums Homepage at AmericanBariatrics.Org.
  2. What's New: This shows you new threads and comments since last time you were logged on.
  3. Pics: This is our members photos and photo albums.
  4. Resources: This takes you to our Articles that we’ve found on the web that may be helpful to our members.
  5. Bariatric Store: This will take you to Bariatric Food Source, without their support we wouldn't be able to operate these forums for free.
7. How You Can Help!

1. Check Back Often & Help Others: Members love hearing back from the other members that are around often.
  2. Mention us at your Support Groups: Word of mouth has become a big source of new members on our site.
  3. Link to us in your Blog or Website! Linking to us in your blogs or mentioning us on your website will help bring traffic to the support group. You just have to link to us once and that link will always be there.
  4. Browse through our Sponsor's Stores: They have some great products in the Store, and the Store is what pays for the maintenance and hosting of our Forums.
  5. Donations: No, we do not accept donations. So keep your money!
Enjoy your time spent at the American Bariatrics Support Group!

Last edited:
this may seem this may seem like a no-brainer, but I have seen a lot of people making profile posts instead of finding the right forum that would allow them to post to the entire group. I have been confused about profile posting for a long time, but I'm going to talk about that more later. This is just the list of operations and guidelines for membership in this group, authored by hour moderator, Kevin, and it really should be something people read before they ever post. Everybody maybe you should know more
In case you didn't know know how to do it, in the previous post, you should click on expand and then you can see all of Kevin's original message.

But there's something I really want to share because it's important:

5. Post Thanks/Like: This is just statistics for when you “Like” a post or someone “Likes” your posts. Clicking “Like” under someone’s post is just a way of thanking them for their post without writing a new post just to thank them.
over a year ago I read some guidelines that are now gone that related to this practice. The author, who I assume is Kevin, mentioned that some people will just write a one word post saying Awesome! Or thank you! Or welcome! He said some people do this in order to artificially get their post count up, which allows them to get trophies and advance to higher levels of membership. And he said those posts don't contribute any real support to anyone. That's why he advised in the passage above that you should give somebody a Like or a Love or another reaction score on the post they authored instead of writing your reaction.

on a personal note, I have a very slow computer. So when I see a lot of posts and I try to read them all it is very laborious. A string of replies that just say welcome or thank you do not contain any advice or support and it's just incredibly time-consuming to read them.

I know it is in our nature to want to be this kind of welcoming and nice to other members. But it would mean a lot more if you just gave them a reaction score. And that is what we are supposed to do, based on Kevin's guidelines, above.

it may be a little bit silly that we are all grown-ups but we enjoy getting little trophies. And we like them and they add up on our profiles.

but I think it's just one more way to make somebody feel really special. I know that the day I received a trophy informing me that I had graduated from being an active member to being a Bariatric Guru, I was silly thrilled.

Here's how you get trophies and points by being active in this group: Trophies

if you want to make somebody feel welcome or give them a special thank you, you can always do that in a private post. I have sent private posts to a lot of people and it allowed me to tell them how deeply I appreciated their participation and their support.

I hope this clarifies things for everyone.

Hi, I'm Jessie I had my surgery almost 6 weeks ago and so far I maintained a consistent loss of weight. However, I would like to know what are the best foods to eat after the six weeks and when will I be able to tolerate solid foods? Eating solid foods make me feel as though there is a ball in the pit of my stomach. Am I doing something wrong? What should I do to rectify this situation?

Welcome, Jessie. You should probably post this under a different heading. Look on the main page and find the post-op Forum that is appropriate for your question.

You may find answers to your questions by doing a search through the thousands of posts that are already here. Just enter "post-op eating" into the search box up at the top right of the page.

I am 13 years out from my surgery and if you look at my profile you will find a lot of photographs I have posted of dishes I have made that I have eaten postoperatively. Generally I make a full meal that would feed three or four people and I photograph it at that point. But I don't eat it all. I just take a few tablespoons of each item and put them on a different plate and then I saved the rest for my next meal.

I'd also encourage you to do an internet search. People are eager to post their recipes postoperatively. And there are many many many bariatric cookbooks. Additionally there is a recipes forum in this group. Just look under the headings until you find it.

But in general just try to make sure that you start eating protein early in the day and continue until you have achieved your protein goal, which for most people is between 50 and 90 G. It's different for men than for women and my nutritionist has me at 50 to 70 grams a day. That has worked for me very very well over the years. I have easily maintained my weight.

You may find that the most difficult thing is fighting your eating disorder. Even if you don't think you have an eating disorder, you have to ask the question, How did I get to be so overweight or obese? The only answer to that question is that an eating disorder put you there. As you probably have noticed, the majority of people don't have any problem with weight. Those of us who do, are people who are afflicted with some sort of eating disorder. It doesn't have to be bulimia or anorexia. It can just be the inability to stop eating.

Believe it or not, your post-operative life can contain the most delicious, well made and even gourmet food you have ever eaten in your life. You won't be shoveling down macaroni and cheese unless you want to. You have the choice to eat delicious, well balanced meals that you cook yourself or purchase from whatever resources you have. Eating can be a joy. It doesn't have to be the thing that makes you obese and miserable. Again welcome.

Check the forum called "Recipes." There are 12-years' worth of meal ideas there. Some of them aren't that good, but in general, it's a gold mine for those of us who prefer to eat at home.

And it's pretty simple to retrofit your faves by subbing yogurt for sour cream, nonfat cottage for ricotta, vegetable for flour/egg pasta, etc. Pairing this with portion control, losing the excess weight is a fun, positive experience you can look forward to each day.

Hello
My name is Chuckie B and I'm new to this world and I am having trouble finding my way. I'm not eating well... anything really. Almost everything makes my stomach upset or hurt. I found that Wendy's frosty's settle my stomach ( please no lectures) Dr already gave me a good one!
Anyway I'm having trouble reprogramming my brain to the right food I'm 56yrs old, so it's the teach an old dog trick thing.So I'm reaching out for help from some experienced Bariatric people? Can you help this old dog? Please

Hello
My name is Chuckie B and I'm new to this world and I am having trouble finding my way. I'm not eating well... anything really. Almost everything makes my stomach upset or hurt. I found that Wendy's frosty's settle my stomach ( please no lectures) Dr already gave me a good one!
Anyway I'm having trouble reprogramming my brain to the right food I'm 56yrs old, so it's the teach an old dog trick thing.So I'm reaching out for help from some experienced Bariatric people? Can you help this old dog? Please
Chuckie, I did answer you post under a different heading already but do you like yogurt? If the answer is no (or even if it is yes), try to find Icelandic Skyr. It is a richer more creamy type of yogurt and for me it come close to satisfying my ice cream craving which I use to be horrible at prior surgery. What I do is keep frozen mixed berries in my freezer. I microwave about 1/4-1/2 cup (depending upon how far out your are of course) until they are defrosted and slightly warm. Then I put a scoop of Skyr on top. I get the vanilla flavored one in either the Icelandic Provision brand or Siggyi's (depending upon what my store sells). For me this really hits the spot. If you aren't ready for berries yet then just try the Skyr by itself. It's worth a try and it's got lots of protein. You can even add unflavored protein powder to boost it up!

Chuckie, I did answer you post under a different heading already but do you like yogurt? If the answer is no (or even if it is yes), try to find Icelandic Skyr. It is a richer more creamy type of yogurt and for me it come close to satisfying my ice cream craving which I use to be horrible at prior surgery. What I do is keep frozen mixed berries in my freezer. I microwave about 1/4-1/2 cup (depending upon how far out your are of course) until they are defrosted and slightly warm. Then I put a scoop of Skyr on top. I get the vanilla flavored one in either the Icelandic Provision brand or Siggyi's (depending upon what my store sells). For me this really hits the spot. If you aren't ready for berries yet then just try the Skyr by itself. It's worth a try and it's got lots of protein. You can even add unflavored protein powder to boost it up!
Thank you for the idea I'm doing ok with Yogurt so I'll try freezing it
Thanks again Judy NY

Back