• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Beginning Stages

Hey everyone! I just had my final weigh in yesterday and of course we have an extra long weekend now lol. So now I'm waiting for everything to be submitted to my insurance for approval then hopefully a surgery date soon after. I'm going to have the SADI procedure done. Is anyone else also doing that or have any experience with it?

Good luck and God bless ❤️
Jess

Hello! Congratulations on your process thus far! I had the VSG, but I believe the SADI is a variant of duodenal switch surgery? From what I’ve read, this kind of surgery has the highest average weight loss and lowest statistical weight regain. It is also a malabsorptive procedure reserved for specially high BMI patients. If your surgical team decided that was the way to go, then I think you should trust them. Make sure of following to the letter the dietary instructions, specially for this type of surgery. Also, make peace with the fact that you will be taking supplements for the rest of your life (all bariatric surgery patients have to, but is specially important for DS patients, since this surgery affects the absorption of both macronutrients and trace minerals). Your team will certainly guide you on how to take better care of yourself. I am very excited for you!

Back