• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

BEST, MOST Reliable Home Scale (Body) Recommendations

Time4me123

Hi friends!

I’m officially 1 week post-op for my VSG & am so excited for my journey ahead!

I’ve got an old hand me down battery operated digital scale for weigh-ins that acts like a POS when it wants to (sorry, being honest lol) & I wanted to ask what your tried and true body scale purchases are! I was browsing through Amazon and there is such a plethora o’ options, but last thing I want is to pick out another one that is sporadic in working properly!

Do y’all have a recommendation you wouldn’t mind sharing with this noobish wonder? Also, was curious if digital or one of the “old fashioned “ types with the needle / numbers that move when you step on it is the best choice?

As an aside, I gotta say, I’m happy for the very first time in my life to have a new & positive mindset regarding this entire weigh-in stuff & am proud to be able to finally make friends with the scale once and for all!

Water-Cheers to being “losers!”

Hi friends!

I’m officially 1 week post-op for my VSG & am so excited for my journey ahead!

I’ve got an old hand me down battery operated digital scale for weigh-ins that acts like a POS when it wants to (sorry, being honest lol) & I wanted to ask what your tried and true body scale purchases are! I was browsing through Amazon and there is such a plethora o’ options, but last thing I want is to pick out another one that is sporadic in working properly!

Do y’all have a recommendation you wouldn’t mind sharing with this noobish wonder? Also, was curious if digital or one of the “old fashioned “ types with the needle / numbers that move when you step on it is the best choice?

As an aside, I gotta say, I’m happy for the very first time in my life to have a new & positive mindset regarding this entire weigh-in stuff & am proud to be able to finally make friends with the scale once and for all!

Water-Cheers to being “losers!”

I have been most happy with digital. A needle scale can be inconsistent by like 5 lbs by just stepping off and back on, and the floor has to be completely level for them to work, so my tile bath floor was probably the culprit. The digital ones I have had all worked well. I would look for the features important to you such as, multiple saved users, connection to your devices wifi, bluetooth, apps, etc. Sounds like you are doing great! I weigh almost everyday to enter into my diet app so it can chart my progress which helps motivate me. Keep up the positive vibes! The one I'm using now was bought in a pkg with a diet plan so it isn't sold in stores so can't recommend it, sorry.

I'm actually of the "no-scale" school of practice. When I was obese, I weighed myself constantly. I have frequently heard expert medical opinion that weighing oneself frequently is unhealthy.

I also don't trust commercially produced mechanical things. Nuff said.

I let my doctor weigh me & keep those records. Much less stressful.

Back