• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Best Vanilla & Chocolate Shakes?

pat52

Has anyone tried several different vanilla or chocolate shakes and found one they really like better than the rest? The only 2 that I can really compare are made by Healthwise & Robard (although they get private labeled many times under different names) and I liked the Robard vanilla and chocolate better. Anyone have any other preferences?

wonderslim is the same as robard I believe just in different boxes, but yeah, those are pretty good

When I use powdered I buy the large container at Walmart. It has 24g of protein per scoop and they taste okay. Not great, but certainly palatable. I've been drinking the prepared shakes you get at Costco. 30 grams per container. They are thick and rich. I've go back and forth between vanilla and chocolate (is all they have), but love them both. My favorite by far is optisource. But I can't get that where I live. And I've not found it onine for the past year. Vanilla, strawberry, and caramel. All are to die for. They are WONDERFUL. If I could find them, I'd switch back to them for sure. It's the brand I was given in the hospital right after surgery.

Letrell-Thanks for the feedback on the protein drinks. I almost bought one of the big containers from WalMart the other day, chocolate of course! I wasn't sure how good it would taste so I ended up not getting it. Although I'm still pre-surgery I sometimes have protein drinks instead of a meal. I'm not a big fan of meat and tend to eat way too many carbs especially pasta, hot and cold cereals and fruit. I know I need to have more protein, especially after surgery and find the protein drinks a reasonable substitute for meat. I'll pick up one up from WalMart the next trip. I know you said it was OK and since I'm not overly fussy I'm sure it will taste OK to me. How does the taste compare to Glucerna? I'm not crazy about Glucerna but will drink it anyway. It find it has a mild vitamin aftertaste.
You can get Optisource protein drink at www.nestlenutritionstore.com. There is a $5 coupon available right now. I'm sure there are other places to buy on-line. Maybe you can find someplace that won't charge for shipping if you buy enough products.

I JUST WANT TO MENTION TO EVERYONE THAT KEVIN HAS MADE US A NICE CHAT ROOM. PLEASE STOP IN THE CHAT ROOM WHEN YOU VISIT THE FORUMS SO WE CAN ALL GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER BETTER.

Last edited:
I use the GNC Total Lean alread prepared protein drinks. They provide 25 grams of protein per 14 ozs and they come in chocolate, vanilla and strawberry. The chocolate and vanilla are good the strawberry is good too but my favorite is chocolate :) I also have tried the Premier protein drinks which offer 30 grams of protein for about 12 ozs - the chocolate was good haven't tried any other flavors they offer. My friend said she purchased these from Costco.

Back