• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Big Day Tomorrow

Tomorrow is my final pre-surgery appointment when I get my surgery date! I am so nervous that I have bathroom issues (sorry TMI). I cannot express how important tomorrow feels. Will I make the weight my surgeon requested? Will I get a good surgery date? Will I talk too much and try to be funny like I always do when I'm nervous. Deep breaths.

Just be yourself. Ask whatever comes to mind - no such thing as a stupid question. Any questions you ask should be answered to your satisfaction and with respect from the person answering.

You got this. Just relax, breathe, because you’re nervous or excited you may want to take notes, or write down your question so you don’t forget them.

I asked all kinds of questions. My husband asked all kinds of questions. Dr. McNatt started to sweat. He looked at us and said how did you come up with all these questions. I said research. I like to know what’s going to be done to my body and as far as my husband goes - he’s just weird and wants to know everything else.

You got this! This is what you’ve been doing all of this stuff for. This is the place where you get to get on the most wonderful amazing life altering ride you’ve ever imagined! Enjoy it! Best of luck to you!!!

Back