• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Books

Aface

I did a search and couldn’t find the info I’m looking for...
A little bit ago a couple of you were throwing around a few book titles that you have liked for WLS etc if you remember can you post them.
I know Dianne likes “The only diet there is”
And I think the other is Intuitive Eating
I can’t seem to remember the others.
Thanks a bunch

Yes, you are right about the book Diane suggested and I suggested the Intuitive Eating Books. I am doing the workbook right now. It's not something you can or even should rush through. I like to do it as a daily exercise in the workbook and do several pages each day. It's almost like going to therapy because the questions in the workbook get you thinking about your feelings, eating habits, etc. I will post links below:

Intuitive Eating (Original book - latest edition)

Intuitive Eating Workbook

Intuitive Eating For Everyday: 365 Daily Practices & Inspirations to Rediscover the Pleasures of Eating
This one was just released and I've received by copy yesterday. Love it! While it is more a follow-up to the previous two to keep one on track with daily inspiration and reminders it does touch briefly on the principles of Intuitive Eating as does the workbook.

Stanford Introduction to Food and Health | Coursera
This is a very easy, FREE online course that discusses food, health and nutrition. Just select NO when they ask if you want a certificate, which costs $49 It is supposed to be 5 weeks, but the videos etc actually take about 7-8 hours total. I really enjoy how it focuses more on actual food than "nutrition". By the time the general public is given scientific research on nutrition, it usually devolves to "FAT IS BAD" or "CARBS ARE BAD", which has led the food industry to take fat out of foods, by adding salt and sugar and also led us to some really unhealthy food habits.

Stanford Introduction to Food and Health | Coursera
This is a very easy, FREE online course that discusses food, health and nutrition. Just select NO when they ask if you want a certificate, which costs $49 It is supposed to be 5 weeks, but the videos etc actually take about 7-8 hours total. I really enjoy how it focuses more on actual food than "nutrition". By the time the general public is given scientific research on nutrition, it usually devolves to "FAT IS BAD" or "CARBS ARE BAD", which has led the food industry to take fat out of foods, by adding salt and sugar and also led us to some really unhealthy food habits.

I just finished week two and I'm finding it interesting. You can do the course at your own pace and it's broken up into short sessions which I like as my mind tends to wander if on one thing too long!

Back