• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

brand name - Naked all natural fruit boosts

Can anyone give me some input on this juice smoothie? Good, Bad, or indifferent? It is a protein fruit smoothie with 30g of protein per bottle but the natural sugars are 28g. They say it is from the fruit though. Ingredients do not include any types of sugars.

Sunshine-I am not familiar with this product but can tell you the sugars are too high for a gastric bypass patient even though they come from fruit. You can probably have a small portion but not an entire serving. Follow what your meal plan recommends for the maximum amount of sugars you should be having per meal / serving. Sugars from fruit can still cause dumping syndrome if you consume too much at once.

Sunshine,
I used to drink them all the time. I think the bottle size you're talking about is 2 servings. 30g of protein is for the whole bottle, I'm not sure if that goes for the sugars. They are yummy but too much sugar. I'd try something else. Proasis makes a fruit flavored protein drink. It's 25g protein and they sell it in the store here and at my grocery store. Some flavors are yuck. The blue raspberry isn't too bad.

Good luck

Edit typo

I'm glad this question was asked, I was wondering the same thing about PRUNE juice. The amount of sugars scared me even though prunes is the sole ingredient. I just watered it down.

Back