• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Brand new here and just got my surgery date for next week!

GRITS Gal

Hi! I just found this forum last week and saved it to my bookmarks, thinking I would use it when the time comes. Well, the nurse called today and gave me a slot next Tuesday (5/25) due to a cancellation. I am super excited AND super nervous. I am so ready for this, honestly, but this is sudden. Still trying to wrap my head around it. I look forward to engaging with you all in the months ahead and know I will appreciate everyone's input. So glad this forum is out there!

Well that was a pleasant surprise! Which surgery are you having? It's normal to have mixed emotions but I think with the quick date for surgery you'll have less time to wrestle with those emotions and that's a good thing! So many people have had cancellations due to covid or other reasons so it is nice when the opposite happens. I wish you all the best in your journey and look forward to getting to know you. Welcome to the group!!

Back