• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Bump In The Road!

Glojia

Went my doctor appointment today to request a referral. I’m a type two diabetic and my A1C was kind of high and my blood sugar is a little high. Was told I’d have to get those under control before I can get referral. She did put me on Ozempic to help. Guess I’ll have to start my journey later. I’m not discouraged or giving up.

I feel ya. When you decide something major and also find yourself completely ready to implement that decision, the only thing you want is to JUST DO IT!

I'm sorry you have to wait, but keep reading this group and find encouragement here. We've all had bumps in the road and most of us jumped right over them, and now we're here, for support, advice, encouragement and to make new friends.

There might be some links or resources on my profile, and in the many topics listed on the main page of this group.

Welcome and try to stay on course. YOU CAN DO IT.

Ty. Any other time it would make feel discouraged and depressed but not this time. Things happen for a reason so I’m going to be patient and do what I must do. I started my Ozempic this morning and I gave up drinking coke. To me this is just a part of my journey and I can do this.

Yw. Start drinking at least 6 glasses of water a day. 8 is better. I actually found it so hard to do I just used a spoon and drank it out of the glass.

You might want to do some research on Ozempic. I'm just hearing new stuff on the news the last few days and it sounds like something I'd never want to take. Changing your habits is better than using medications.

Back