• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Cant eat feel like crap after a year

Gunner

Hi,

Had my bypass 4/14/221 ever since about August of 2021 I haven't had the taste for anything. I also having a lot of stomach issues and generally feel like crap. Got a call into the Dr. But the last time I saw her she said it was a phase. Im 57 yrs old. People tell me I look 75. Any one else experience this. Any tips would be very helpful.

Thanks

Gunner

Hi, Gunner. I have not had this problem. Is it that you cannot eat or you just really don't feel hungry? If you're not getting enough nutrition, that could certainly cause you to feel like crap. I am glad you made the call to the doctor. And if your program has a nutritionist, they might be able to help as well.

Gunner, I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. It's good you reached out to your doctor and I hope she can offer some help. Have you had your bariatric lab work done lately? Just want to make sure you aren't deficient in anything that may be causing a problem. Please update us with what the doc says. Good luck!

Back