• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Carrot Cake Smoothie

Time 4 me

Ingredients (makes two, so cut it in half if you only want one... or you can opt to chill the second glass for the next day!):
1 large banana, frozen (it will save you a headache if you peel it, then put it in a bag and freeze it... but if you forget, you can always peel it afterward with a knife and your very very frozen fingers)
1 cup milk (skim milk or unsweetened vanilla almond milk are both great, but any milk substitute will also work -- just be aware that slight flavor changes will come with any major substitutions!) **Caloric information compiled using unsweetened vanilla almond milk
2 servings protein powder (Just use the prescribed amount per scoop of powder for one "serving" of your particular brand)
2 tsp pure Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 small carrot (or two baby carrots), peeled
Tiny dash of salt

Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender
2. Add a few cubes of ice only if your blender is good enough to chop them all up!*
3. Blend well and serve!

hi I mixed a half a carton of lite cheesecake yougurt with milk and ice and scoop of protein mix it wasn't too bad. also I found sugar free chocolate syrup mix and add a teaspoon to chocolate protein mix with milk and ice and it makes it have a much better taste. I read where someone used pumpkin pie mix with there protein mix and made a smoothie, I must try that one next.another treat I like sugar free jello with a little yogurt and a few teaspoons of s/f cool whip gives it a different taste and breaks up the boredom of plain jello. make the flavor of your choice.
Donna

Back