• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Cauliflower Mac & Cheese (without the Mac)

Time 4 me

Cauliflower Mac & Cheese

8 c. Cauliflower florets (prefer fresh to frozen)
2 T. chopped garlic
2 T. olive oil
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
1 T. butter
1 T. flour
1.5 c. milk (i use Silk)
1/2 c. grated parm cheese

Toss florets with garlic, oil, salt and pepper. Roast on baking sheet at 400 for 25 mins.

Melt butter and cook flour for 1-2 mins, whisk in milk and cook/stirring for 5 mins, stir in 1/2 the cheese

Chopped cooled cauliflower, combine with sauce, place in a sprayed 8x8 casserole dish, top with remaining cheese and bake 400 for 20-25 mins

Enjoy!!! :rolleyes:

This sounds good. I'll have to make a trip to the store so I can make this. I like the idea of roasting the cauliflower instead of steaming it. When I make my mock potato salad using cauliflower in place of potatoes it's a bit water logged because of the moist heat. I am going to try roasting it instead :)

I tried this recipe today and it is very good. It's a good thing I love cauliflower. I still miss the mac but it is still good and did not seem to irritate my band opening because it doesn't expand and is easy to chew to the proper consistency.

I love cauliflower like this! I substitute the milk with low fat Greek yogurt. I actually have been craving something like this. Is the cauliflower too gassy for being only one month out?

Hey Pen,

I found the gas to be quite a problem the first time I made it and decided I will wait a while to make it again. But, it is sooooo good. I really enjoyed it but don't like the gas at all.

Hi, Guys,

A little Bean-O should prevent gas from forming when you eat cauliflower and other cruciferous vegetables.

JavaJoy and Penelope-If you take some Gax-Ex (or gereric) it should help with the gas. When I eat dairy I also take a Lactaze enzyme because I am lactose intolerant. I'm telling you these 2 OTC's were a life saver for me. I literally don't leave home without either of them.

Back