• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Celebrating 100 today!!!!!!!!!

dragonfly11

Whooo hoooo! Dear 100 lbs., You and I will never meet again. Thank you for serving your purpose in my life. I get it now, I'm moving on and never going back!!!!!!!!!!!!

congratulations. This is a great accomplishment. How did you lose 100 pounds in 2 months? I am 8 months post op and am still working toward this. What's your secret? Wishing you continued success.

Congratulations yes my ? Too how did you get 100 off in 2 months i am 4 months out and not at 100 but happy for you, you must exercise non stop and drink alot of protein???? Care to share a secret or two with the rest of us???? Keep up the good work.
Donna

Hi Ladies,
I should have explained this. My doctor had me on the protein pre-surgery diet for TEN weeks! In those 10 weeks, I lost 61 lbs. The two months is only the 39 lbs. from the surgery. :) Still, 100 lbs. gone for me! I'd be worried if I lost 100 in the two months :) Slow and steady, right? Thanks for the support!!!

Dragonfly11 congratulations on your 100 lb loss, yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
i saw where you posted dr made you do protein drink for 10 weeks??? May i ask why so long? And were you allowed to have sugar free popscicles and sugar free applesauce and broth or things like that??? I bet you feel wonderful with the pounds gone, isn't it fun trying on clothes now and getting to buy smaller stuff> i think that is fun for it's been so long since getting clothes was fun. Trift stores and yard sales are my favorite places to shop because our sizes change frequently now and it's alot cheaper, when i get to my goal weight i plan to buy some "new stuff" from the store until then thrift stores work out just great. When you have time please let me know about the food thing, thanks hope your day is going well for you. Keep up the good work, donna *bigtallsis

Hi Donna,

I have a VERY strict doctor. He usually makes all his patients drop 20 lbs. prior to surgery, but I had to drop 40 because I had gained 20 from our first appointment (when I busy doing my goodbye-to-junkfood-tour!). Ten weeks was a terribly long time, but I was allowed 300 calories a day so I did use a lot of sugar-free popscicles and such. I have no idea how I did it, but I kept going once I reached the 40 because my surgery was still weeks out so I ended up losing that much more. YES, shopping for clothes is a brand new world. I keep trying on things that are too big because I can't believe the sizes I have dropped! And yes, thrift shops and the like are very wise. I only have four pairs of work pants that fit now so I just keep the wash going because, like you, I don't want to invest too much until I'm "there." :) I'm curious how close you are to goal, but at any rate, keep going! :D

Sandie, That's fine! More than fine. You and I were at drastically different start weights. I am surprised that the weight is slower than I thought coming off (I've lost about 40ish since the surgery), but slow and steady wins the race, as cliche as it sounds. I've also heard the slower you drop it, the more success you have with excess skin. Even I'm I down only a pound all week, as long as I'm losing! Take care.

Back