• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Chiropractor

3momchaos

I used to be a regular at the chiropractor, but I haven’t been for years. I’m wondering if during the weight loss it would be beneficial to start seeing one again to help with the different way the joints are reacting to the weight. Anyone have any advice on this front? Thanks!!

I went to the chiropractor several times during months 4-5, and it seemed like i was getting more out of my alignments and such, but I didn't feel like it was doing what I wanted it to do with regards to some of the muscle changes and different stresses on my body that I was feeling after weight loss. Acupuncture seems to be more beneficial for me, so I do that twice a week. That being said, as I mentioned, it seemed like the greater range of movement my chiro was able to get because of my greater flexibility seemed to provide better adjustment results.

I’ve got a few spot in my back that have always hurt, so I’m wondering if they’ll be easier to adjust now that there’s...less resistance LOL
It was definitely a different experience for me. The adjustment felt good, and I was definitely more flexible. It didn't address the problem I was having, but it was a better quality adjustment, if that makes any sense.

I love my lady! I started going consistently during my last pregnancy due to sciatica issues. I dont get to go as often as I would like now due to time constraints but I still have issues with my back going out as well as my hips.

I am the opposite and did not find acupuncture helpful at all.

I am the opposite and did not find acupuncture helpful at all.

I think like anything, finding the right practitioner is key, but I also suspect that we all respond differently to these approaches and methods of treatment. I visited three acupuncturists prior to the person I've been visiting the last three years, and I almost didn't give it another shot, however, my wife is a veterinarian who practices acupuncture with dogs and cats, and so I know it works. I've seen the difference it makes, and now that I found the right person, I feel the difference it can make.

Alternatively, I've never found any of my chiropractic visits all that helpful, and I've given it several tries over the years for weeks/months at a time to give it a fair try, but I doubt I'll do it again, even though I kind of like the sensation of alignment.

I suppose it boils down to finding out what works for each of us.

I’ve been found, just like with most doctors, that there are better chiropractors than other. I’ve done acupuncture before for migraines, and it was helpful but only a little. I don’t mind it, but it doesn’t always give me the results I hope for. I might be expecting too much though.

Back