• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Clear protein recommendations?

Protein2o was decent. Gatorade makes a protein water. Isopure makes a powder, so you can add in what you can tolerate.

What exactly is grossing you out about the shakes? Too sweet is a common complaint. You can add other flavors to protein shakes to kind of doctor that overwhelmingly sweet/chalky taste. Lime juice, water flavoring packets, herbs etc.

Dianne has also shared a recipe for MAGIC MILK on here many times. Its powdered milk added to actual milk to double the protein. It tastes like regular milk. If you do a search for it, the exact measurements will come up. They also make higher protein milk (fair life is my preferred brand). Its almost double regular milk.

Hi all,

I'm on day 4 of the pre-op liquid diet and the shakes are already grossing me out any clear protein recommendations?
JennyK, try fairlife protein shake that is the only I could tolerate and if you like NESQUIK like I used to, is same taste, now If you want vitamin water or ISOPURE they taste better, but I hear you this diet are tough. I am 3 week on my post-ops and this puree is a bit better, I am follow Missy advie and living on refried bean and eggs :) Thank you missy. hang in there Jen.

Protein2o was decent. Gatorade makes a protein water. Isopure makes a powder, so you can add in what you can tolerate.

What exactly is grossing you out about the shakes? Too sweet is a common complaint. You can add other flavors to protein shakes to kind of doctor that overwhelmingly sweet/chalky taste. Lime juice, water flavoring packets, herbs etc.

Dianne has also shared a recipe for MAGIC MILK on here many times. Its powdered milk added to actual milk to double the protein. It tastes like regular milk. If you do a search for it, the exact measurements will come up. They also make higher protein milk (fair life is my preferred brand). Its almost double regular milk.
I got some protein2o today. I think it's the texture of the shakes. They're just so thick and sweet! I'll try doctoring them up, that's a good idea.

9 more days to go!

JennyK, try fairlife protein shake that is the only I could tolerate and if you like NESQUIK like I used to, is same taste, now If you want vitamin water or ISOPURE they taste better, but I hear you this diet are tough. I am 3 week on my post-ops and this puree is a bit better, I am follow Missy advie and living on refried bean and eggs :) Thank you missy. hang in there Jen.
I also highly recommend the Fairlife protein shakes!

Back