• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

cold and clammy.

I've read of post-bariatric surgery patients experiencing long-term coldness. Does anyone have experience with clamminess or cold sweat? I am 13 days post-op and experiencing considerable clamminess and cold sweat with activity. I am very concerned that being drenched in cold sweat will not pass. Would people kindly share their experience here?

Last edited:
I did not have this issue. But I agree with Diane, check your blood sugar. That can be a sign that it's low. It's good that you're getting all your protein in. How's your water?
And you can, and should, always call your bariatric team with any issues you are having that are not the norm. A nurse will easily be able to decide if you need to come in for some blood work or whatever.

I am either freezing or nauseous and clamey. I'm 13 months post and it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. As far as I know ow all medical things are fine. Never heard on my last blood results so I'm assuming that's good news.

Back