• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Cold

I have heard things can change after surgery, tastes for food, getting colder easier. Something about changing chemistry in the body, but should level out somr as your body gets used to the new way...

Me too!!! My husband use to freeze in our home because I kept it so cold, now I'm the one always turning it up and having to take a sweater with me everywhere!

I bought an electric blanket, I was freezing for a little while, but not so much now, my husband said I was like a furnace before, but not anymore

I went from hot all of the time to cold all of the time. I watch tv wrapped in a quilt made by my grandma. In bed I snuggle under a blanket and down comforter. Hard to get used to this unexpected body change.

I have had a couple of days where I can't get warm then all of a sudden I'm good. I have a small heater fan that works great because it doesn't heat up the whole room just me. I so enjoy the warm air blowing on me.
A small heater is a great idea! Our gas fireplace went out last night. Hopefully our landlord fixes it soon. I'm worried he won't worry about it since we will be gone in 1 1/2 months. My husband likes to keep the furnace turned down, so the fireplace is nice.

Back