• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Coming out

Good for you!!!

I was talking to someone at my work today that had RNY 2 years ago...same surgeon that I am going to use. One of my daughters friends was sitting there....and I didn't realize how loud we were....well it's out now......my family Husband and kids knew...but wasn't planning on telling the world until I had surgery date.....oops

gayle-n-reno

Good for you Lacey. I had my surgery 2 weeks ago and had only told select people that I felt would support me and they have all been wonderful. The only person that hasn't been supportive is who I THOUGHT was my best friend. She either doesn't bring it up or her comment is "Well, I hope it is worth it girl" and the tone she uses tells it all. If you are my friend you will support me or don't bother calling....I don't need any negatives in my life!

WTG Lacey! I only told my son and 2 friends I work in a hospital and we are bound by Hipaa privacy so my co-workers dare not ask and I didn't offer up any info (mostly because they would gossip). My husband works in the same hospital and all of his co-workers know and support me :) Good luck on your journey! Nancy

Back