• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Confused about what to eat to taste good

Tweet as can be

I am new to all of this I am about 5 months out to surgery. Protein powders, meal plans for 1200 calorie diets, 11 pounds down so far and they want another 12 before surgery. And trying to do it on a shoestring budget. I am interested in the best tasting and best for me things to buy so I don't get something that I am not able to stomach. Help please

I was told to pay more attention to carbs and protein the the calories.... Low carbs and high protein helps your metabolism.
If the issue is figuring out the protien numbers on home cooked meals, look at the app my fitness pal. You can type things in there and it will tell you all the info

I was told to pay more attention to carbs and protein the the calories.... Low carbs and high protein helps your metabolism.
If the issue is figuring out the protien numbers on home cooked meals, look at the app my fitness pal. You can type things in there and it will tell you all the info
I agree with Keith. If you eat high protein, low carbs, your calorie intake is automatically lower.
I am new to all of this I am about 5 months out to surgery. Protein powders, meal plans for 1200 calorie diets, 11 pounds down so far and they want another 12 before surgery. And trying to do it on a shoestring budget. I am interested in the best tasting and best for me things to buy so I don't get something that I am not able to stomach. Help please
I agree with Keith. The more protein you eat and less carbs, the fewer calories you take in. I've discovered this with my post op diet. If you have an Apple phone, there is an app for my fitness pal. Free and has a lot of items. Good luck!!

Back