• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Confused

ashcakes72

I will be having my surgery date next month. My doctor has not explained to much to me at all.
What is the liquid diet consists of before your surgery for 2 weeks?
What do you do after your surgery?
I dont know anything about the puree food at all or what you eat or anything
Any help would be appreciated.
Im getting the sleeve done.

I will be having my surgery date next month. My doctor has not explained to much to me at all.
for me my doc went to a low low carb diet for the first week and then clear liquids for the second week.
After surgery was 2 weeks of all liquid.
Puree is anything more or less mushy well boiled vegis, refried beans, etc... soft food well chewed... I think I tried scrambled eggs during this stage.....
I know I don't tolerate pasta very well anymore...
I hope this helps some if you have more questions feel free to ask... we will help you get through this.....
The doc should have gone over everything, I know mine talked about all the different surgery's and what he felt was best for me, then before surgery went over the diet and progression pre and post op..... The nurse can help you out for the info you need also.... No such thing as a stupid question....

The two weeks before my sleeve I was on a modified liquid diet... Our program allows you to have 2 protein shakes a day and then one meal with a small amount of lean protein like chicken and vegetables. So that is what I did.... I was even ok going out to dinner and having broiled chicken and vegetables. The day before surgery is just clear liquids. It was fine and my surgery went well. Some require all liquids for the 2 weeks. I was also required to meet with the program nutritionist for a one on one session and then also a group nutrition session. I am surprised your doctor doesn't require that.

The two weeks before my sleeve I was on a modified liquid diet... Our program allows you to have 2 protein shakes a day and then one meal with a small amount of lean protein like chicken and vegetables. So that is what I did.... I was even ok going out to dinner and having broiled chicken and vegetables. The day before surgery is just clear liquids. It was fine and my surgery went well. Some require all liquids for the 2 weeks. I was also required to meet with the program nutritionist for a one on one session and then also a group nutrition session. I am surprised your doctor doesn't require that.

I haven't even been able to see my doctor just once in the last 6 months. I'm not happy with that part. I only see a nurse and dietitian every month but no one tells me any thing

I mostly only saw a dietitian and didnt meet the surgeon until i had completed all my steps, i was also given a packet at the very start of all of this with all the info i needed including what i could eat before and after surgery and what vitamins i would need after. i had to take a test on the info in that packet also, it was a long 6 months, but worth it, every hospital is different with what the liquid diet is, i was suppose to eat 60-80 grams of protein, i used premier shakes, and i was also allowed to eat tomato soup and cream soups without the solids in it like bits of chicken, i also ate yogurt, no solids 2 weeks before or after

Mine hasn't gave me a packet on anything yet. And not really much answering questions either. I'm on the wall about if I'm getting it or not now

I wish I could make that decision for you but it is all on you, all I can tell you is that I am happy I finally got the courage to go through with it, I have not been this weight for 30 years

Everytime I see her all she wants to know is what I have been eating and when I ask what you have to eat and how at each stage I just get protein. I'll try to gethe a packet from her next time if she has any

Unfortunately they are all over 2 hours away and at 6pm which sucks lol
I hear you on this... My doc was 2 hrs away and I convinced my doc to count this as a support group visit... There is a support group that is national and in most cities I can't recall the name.... I will find it and let you know.. Ahh found it http://www.tops.org/ they seem to be everywhere. the group I talked with close to me where great

Back