• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Confused

I was on a 6 month doctor supervised diet (required by insurance). I saw my surgeon every month or so before surgery because he wanted to make sure I had covered everything required by my insurance company. I had to see a cardiologist, have an EKG and electrocardiogram and stress test, have a pulmonary function test, see a nutritionist and psych evaluation and attend a 2 hour class about the surgery and what to eat before and after the surgery, all at the surgeon's office. All this before surgery. After surgery, I have only seen the nurse practitioner for the 1 week and 1 month follow up. I go for my 6 month follow up in July so will probably see her then, as well. The nutritionist is available anytime I have questions. They are all really nice in this surgeon's office. I would recommend him/them to anyone in this area wanting surgery. He went over everything with me and even drew pictures so I would know what it entailed. There is a support group at the hospital where his office is located the third Wednesday of every month from 5:30 - 7. I haven't made it yet but plan on going next month. It's about 10 miles from here. Since I work in the office on Wed., it's on the way home. I can always find something to do for an hour after work before going there.

I emailed my nutritionist and asked for all the power points just so that I could review everything we discussed. Also, I was given my little book at my preop appointment, once I had fulfilled everything for clearance and had my surgery date. It's a long process!

why would you have someone cut into your body if you don't understand what is happening???? seriously? find out first not later when its too late

why would you have someone cut into your body if you don't understand what is happening???? seriously? find out first not later when its too late
I think you must have misunderstood what she was saying. She sounded like she was doing the correct thing, I also ask for the PowerPoint from the nutritionist so I would have all the info,. I'm not sure if you had surgery or are planning on it but good luck

Back