• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Consultation complete

MANDY2910

Went to my initial consultation today and everything went amazing! I am scheduled for my EGD in July and my first appointment with the surgical team at the end of July. I have to see the nutritionist once more and have two total appointments with the surgeon. I am looking at surgery in September or October. No other requirements. I already have sleep apnea and I’m not required to do cardiac work ups like EKGs and stress tests, etc. Labs were drawn today as well. Psych eval is Tuesday but the NP said it is really a formality. They are mainly looking for signs of binge eating disorder I guess. Anyway, I am super excited and it was a very informative and positive appointment! Also my hospital considers this an outpatient procedure so I won’t have to stay the night at the hospital. Mixed feelings on that one, but good to know

Last edited:
Great report! You seem much more encouraged about the process. Keep asking all your questions as you see your team along the way and, of course, you have a great network of others who have gone before you and someone will have likely encountered your same concerns. Enjoy your day!

Finally, an appointment with a positive outcome! I know this has been a long and frustrating process for you. I remember how badly things went with the previous psychologist just days before your vacation. I’m so happy to hear that things are finally turning around for you. You didn’t give up and now good things are happening. Fingers crossed that your journey continues to be positive and hopeful. You deserve it!

Went to my initial consultation today and everything went amazing! I am scheduled for my EGD in July and my first appointment with the surgical team at the end of July. I have to see the nutritionist once more and have two total appointments with the surgeon. I am looking at surgery in September or October. No other requirements. I already have sleep apnea and I’m not required to do cardiac work ups like EKGs and stress tests, etc. Labs were drawn today as well. Psych eval is Tuesday but the NP said it is really a formality. They are mainly looking for signs of binge eating disorder I guess. Anyway, I am super excited and it was a very informative and positive appointment! Also my hospital considers this an outpatient procedure so I won’t have to stay the night at the hospital. Mixed feelings on that one, but good to know
Yay sounds like you are on a roll! I'm so glad that the ball is moving and you are getting one step closer to a surgery date! I can't believe I just had the surgery because lemmetellya - I was in the program for 11 months! It's so exciting to finally be done with it haha. Good luck!

Back