• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

corn on the cob

I wanted to share a simple tip, now that corn on the cob is in season. I used to cook it and then slather it in butter and shake salt all over it. But that was always a little gross to me, not to mention messy, and in the end, not really worth it.

So now I just take the corn and boil it in salted water and eat it without butter. It tastes great and there's no mess.

Have you ever heard of “esquite”? It’s a Mexican snack, and it is delicious. It’s made with boiled corn, cheese (fresco/añejo) and sour cream.

I love it, though I haven’t been able to eat it since surgery. It is also rather healthy as far as snacks go.

I wanted to share a simple tip, now that corn on the cob is in season. I used to cook it and then slather it in butter and shake salt all over it. But that was always a little gross to me, not to mention messy, and in the end, not really worth it.

So now I just take the corn and boil it in salted water and eat it without butter. It tastes great and there's no mess.
I hope this is not TMI but I'm curious how you digest the corn.

I've never had trouble with corn, but if you do, I suggest you don't try corn on the cob. I mentioned it expressely because I hate getting butter and salt all over my cheeks and chin. By boiling it in salted water, I don't need to sprinkle salt on it. But salting the water, I don't need to add butter to it so the salt sticks to it.

I used to have problems with corn but my system has adjusted to the point where I can now tolerate it. My wife and I love corn in a crab boil. All good stuff in there for me and I have to throw in extra corn to make sure I get some for some leftovers.

Back